This object is in archive! 

Can't join a server set to Friends visibility on Linux

Filipp Malyshev shared this bug 2 years ago
Not a Bug

I play SE on Linux via the compatibility layer, and it works fairly well. When I try to join a server whose visibility is set to Friends, it doesn't show up in the Friends tab of the server search. Then I found that I can, via right clicking on my friend's icon in Steam (screenshot attached to clarify what I'm talking about). The game tries to join, but eventually it crashes to desktop. My friend (who plays on Windows) said that I did indeed appear to have connected, but then promptly left.

Sidenote, I can indeed join public servers and play on them (haven't tried to do so extensively however), it appears to be a problem for servers whose visibility is Friends only.

Is there anything that can be done about this?

Replies (1)

photo

Hello, Fillip!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues. Unfortunately, Linux is not supported.

I will however share our Discord as there are community members who discuss Linux if you follow https://discord.gg/keenswh

Under 'Space Engineers' there is a Linux channel. This would be your best bet for speaking to other members and discussing any issues you may face :)

I will close this as not a bug as it is not supported.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!