Erroneous Aspect Ratio for Monitor

Casey Parks shared this bug 2 years ago
Reported

Hello,

I have the linked monitor, which has a 3840x1600 resolution. The monitor is advertised as 21:9 resolution, although quick math suggests that's more accurately 2.4:1. In any event, the game does not seem to know what to do with this resolution and the only option it gives me under Video mode is "Dual 4:3***" aspect ratio. I've looked through the spaceengineers.cfg file and I do not see where I can manually set an aspect ratio. As such, I end up with a bit of a fisheye perspective while playing the game, and while this is playable, it's really not ideal. Any advice on how to get the game to more elegantly handle my monitor would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Replies (2)

photo

I have the same problem with a different monitor (this one). Native aspect ratio should be 21:9, but i can only select "dual 4:3***".

Unlike Casey, the distortion caused by this actually physically sickens me if i play for a while, so as of now... SE is sadly unplayable for me. Any help would be appreciated.

photo

Hello, Engineers!

Thanks for letting us know.

Issue was reported internally.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Any update on this? I’d love to give the game another try (especially because I’ve purchased all the DLC content) but I can’t stomach the thought of playing with a distorted perspective again and all the eye strain that comes along with that.

photo

If the problem still exists, I would suggest to look at the setting "Field of view".

It defaults to 70°, but in Your case it should be about 178°...

photo

Thank you for the suggestion Usagi, but this does not resolve the problem - it heightens it exponentially. at 70° it is unplayable, at 120° it becomes gut-wrenching and nausea inducing. 178° is.... let's say 'worse'.

The graphics are tolerable for one or two hours at most at 40 - 45°, which in itself is rather... restricting.

As of now, i'm hoping for an announcement of SE2.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file