This object is in archive! 

Random keypress issue

Sticks shared this bug 2 years ago
Won't Fix

Sometimes, on loading a world or alt-tabbing, a number of keys will be considered "down" - which can lead to flying in random directions or other issues. Problem is resolved by pressing the affected key once to cancel the bug, then again to confirm proper function. Extremely irritating as it does not happen all the time and is not predictable about when it will happen or even which keys will be "pressed".

Replies (5)

photo

Hello, Matt!

This sounds like this issue here https://support.keenswh.com/spaceengineers/pc/topic/character-sometimes-stuck-moving-on-game-load would you agree it is the same thing? Could we have a look at a log to see what you're running when you face this issue? Could you also confirm if you're using any keyboard software at all? Razer etc. If so, could you try disabling it to test?

You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Sorry for the delayed response. A log is attached from a play session that loaded in with a few keys 'pressed'. I am using Logitch's keyboard software and I have the Razer app, but not a Razer keyboard. I will test with these closed and see if that changes anything.

photo

Launched the game right after posting this, had the problem with both Logitech and Razer software not running.

photo

Hello, Matt!

Thank you for the log. I can't see anything in there obvious. I have had a look online and found an old thread on Reddit where a user experienced this with a wireless keyboard. is yours wireless by any chance?

I also found this thread https://www.reddit.com/r/LogitechG/comments/e8l8g2/problem_with_new_g915_random_button_presses/ where it sounds similar to your issue but not mentioning the game being played. There is a mention of random key presses. Are you able to test another keyboard by any chance?

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hello,

Since there are no new comments in this topic and we are still not able to reproduce it,

we are closing this thread as outdated. In case anyone is encountering the same or similar bug, which is not already posted in a different thread, please feel free to create a new thread with all relevant information.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!