This object is in archive! 

Game crashes after a few seconds at the main menu

ReflectedPower shared this bug 2 years ago
Solved

I recently reinstalled Space Engineers to try out all the new content only to run into the issue that the game will routinely crash exactly ten seconds after reaching the main menu. It will boot and play the intro just fine but as soon as I reach the main menu I have about ten seconds before the game suddenly crashes.

I have tried just about every fix I could possibly find on the internet. I’ve tried every rumored fix and official suggestion I could find and nothing has helped.

Things I’ve tried:

• Uninstalling and reinstalling Space Engineers
  • Installing Space Engineers on a different drive
  • Verifying integrity of game files
  • Uninstalling all Workshop mods and clearing mod cache
  • Deleting ALL Space Engineers content in %Appdata%
  • Installing VC++ 2013 & 2019
  • Playing with current GPU drivers
  • Playing with default GPU drivers
  • Playing with updated GPU drivers
  • Underclocking my GPU
  • Disconnecting my second monitor
  • Adjusting the game's graphic settings
  • Making sure Windows 10 is fully updated
  • Making sure integrated GPU is disabled
  • Deleting the contents of the Promo folder
  • Putting -skipintro into launch options
  • Renaming the ‘Videos’ folder

PC Specs

• Windows 10 Pro
  • RTX 2070
  • i9-9900
  • 32gb DDR4

The only thing that somewhat worked was opting into the ‘DX9 32 bit’ version of the game under 'betas'. It works and I can play, but it isn’t exactly the most modern version of the game. I’m also on 64-bit Windows 10 so I don’t understand why the others aren't working.

Any help would be deeply appreciated.

(I have attached the log from my most recent crash)

Replies (3)

photo

Hello, ReflectedPower!

Sorry you're experiencing this issue. You have the same line in your log as this user https://steamcommunity.com/app/244850/discussions/0/1642052612853297823/ I would suggest you have a look at this thread and try the user's response.

Your error: (Error initializing PerformanceCounters. CPU and Memory statistics logging will be suspended.

Try running "lodctr /r" in admin command line to fix it.)

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hi there! Thank you for the reply

The following day after submitting my bug report I spent the afternoon troubleshooting some more. After still no progress I decided to go for the nuclear option and completely reinstall Windows 10. The good news is that this appears to have worked and Space Engineers works perfectly fine now. So it looks like my issue is solved!

My Windows 10 installation was over 4-5 years old and had amassed a massive amount of bloat over the years, so I’m assuming some obscure program or driver conflict was causing my issue.

Best Regards,

ReflectedPower

photo

Hello, ReflectedPower!

Thank you so much for getting back to us. I'm glad the issue has now been resolved :) Happy playing!

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!