This object is in archive! 

Crashing Space Engineers servers by joining

Joel Gratton shared this bug 2 years ago
Won't Fix

cant log in any server official or not. I cant get pass the connecting to server screen then the server crash. i tried Keen Canada #1 and #2 and other modded server notting work and they crash because i try to join. i checked file integrity and im in the process to intall it again on a new hardrive. is there a cash file i can clear. i already fres install it but on same hard drive and have same bug. now im trying a new hardrive. i have 3000 hours in this game getting use to deal with micro bugs but this one is a BIG ONE i not supposed to crash server.

Replies (1)

photo

Hello, Joel,

thanks for letting us know.

Please can you supply the log from your game?

You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

That way I can see what is going on when you try to connect to the server and running the game.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

here is the log when i try to play on Canada #1 i think.

photo

from talk on the official discord I manage to find a fix.. It was cause by ASUS GameFirst IV program to visualize and manage network and application bandwidth. There a automatic function in it that optimize the network when the user launch a game. You should try to replicate the problems Every recent ASUS motherboard have this program that come with the prebuilt PC or driver disk if you build it yourself.

photo

Hello, Joel,

thanks for coming back with new info.

Yeah, that was my guess that you might have ASUS PC and we know that this app is resulting in this problem. That is why I needed the log, just to make sure you have ASUS PC, so I can give you the same advice.

Unfortunately, as this is 3rd party app bringing this issue, it´s completely out of our hands. My advice would also be to disable it. There is nothing we can do about it, as this issue is on the app/ASUS side.

Since you manage to get to know it on your own and there is no further action needed from us, I will close this thread.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!