Rotor collision broken

Tyrenol shared this bug 2 years ago
Reported

The collision box on the small grid rotor block is too large, in the photo attached you can see an example

Replies (1)

photo

Hello, Tyrenol!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues.

Could you please share a blueprint experiencing this issue? I'm finding that the rotor fits without issue (please see my screenshot)

• You can access your blueprints files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Blueprints. Select the correct folder where your blueprint is saved (local or cloud), zip the file and attach it here.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hello, Laura

Thanks for the quick response. The armor block in the photo thats on top of the rotor is actually a different grid.

To demonstrate the issue more clearly ive made a test setup.

In fig 1 and 2 (attached to the post) you can see the starting setup of the test setup

it consists of 3 grids: The blue main grid, a red subgrid mounted on a rotor thats rotating clockwise with 1rpm, and a green subgrid also mounted on a rotor and also rotating with 1rpm, but this time rotating counter clockwise

If everything behaves as expected, both rotating arms should be stopped when coming into contact with the blue grid.

In fig 3 you can see that indeed both arms stopped, but while the green arm sits flush against the blue grid (fig 4), the red arm doesnt (fig 5)

In fig 5 you can see that the under side of a rotor seems to have a larger collision box then a normal armor block and thats why the red arm doesnt sit flush on the rotor

ive also attached the test setup so you can test it yourself

photo

Hello, Tyrenol!

Thank you so much for coming back and providing more information (and a blueprint!) with this, I was able to successfully reproduce the issue and report it internally. :)

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file