This object is in archive! 

Corrupted World File

Thegameinglemon10 shared this bug 2 years ago
Solved

SE Version: 1.200.030

Save Creation Date: 02/26/22

Important Notes:

- The socket my computer is plugged into does not hold cables very well

- I will sometimes accidentally knock out my computer's cable from the socket.

Cause of Issue:

Hello, a couple of days ago I was playing a modded survival world like any other day. Things were going good until, as you may have guessed, I accidentally knocked out my computer's power cable, instantly shutting it off in the middle of me playing. As it was late, and I intended on going to bed soon anyway, I just plugged it back in and went to bed hoping that the world autosave. I tried playing again today, however, I get an error (REFERENCE IMAGE #1) every time I try loading the world.

Attempts to Fix

I tried verifying my files, but no luck. I then attempted to use a 3rd party software called "SE Toolbox" to repair the world, however, I got an error (REFERENCE IMAGE #2) and since the original dev no longer works on it and the dev that keeps it alive is hard to contact, I had no choice but to contact support.

Reference Images

40bb7d4f989eb65773622b7180d363b9

e3e310c3f918b5013d53ce708a050d79

Provided Files

SE Toolbox

Save File

Conclusion

Please let me know what else I may need to provide in order to get this fixed soon, as I would hate to lose the hours of progress I have on the world. Thanks in advance, Lemon.

Replies (2)

photo

So, this is awkward. I not only tried to fix the world for a good hour, then posted a tech support tick, then a bug report, but I also had to have someone in the official keen discord remind me that backups exist. Apparently, my hope that the world autosaved was correct, it did autosave a little bit before the shutoff, so my issue is fixed. I will still leave up this bug report as I don't think I can remove it, and so the issue can maybe be looked into to help prevent this sort of thing in the future.

Cheers, Lemon.

photo

Hello, Engineer,

thanks for letting us know and also for coming back with more details.

I´m happy you managed to fix it on your side on your own/with help from the community. That´s great that you can play again from the backup save file.

Will close this thread.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!