This object is in archive! 

New bug: "Keen: Sound on different thread , PlaySingleSoundError" in server log

Stephan Szeker shared this bug 2 years ago
Won't Fix

So I'm using the Dedicated Server to host a server and I'm getting an error in the log whenever a meteor storm triggers "21:15:40.5832 [WARN] Keen: Sound on different thread , PlaySingleSound". The error happens several (3-5) times with every meteor. (The latest report has 7 triggers in the span of 6 seconds).

21:26:41.8993 [WARN] Keen: Sound on different thread , PlaySingleSound

21:26:47.8950 [WARN] Keen: Sound on different thread , PlaySingleSound

21:27:43.9145 [WARN] Keen: Sound on different thread , PlaySingleSound

21:27:43.9145 [WARN] Keen: Sound on different thread , PlaySingleSound

21:27:49.9139 [WARN] Keen: Sound on different thread , PlaySingleSound

Replies (6)

photo

Hello, Stephan!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues.

Do you get any actual game errors or are you just noticing this in the log? Could you please supply the full log from an un-modded save/server that you're experiencing this issue with?

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

I am having the exact same bug on multiple servers, these are seasoned servers that didnt have this issue until one of the recent updates. Which update might have caused it i am not sure.

photo

Attaching a recent Log File, More available upon request.

photo

Additionally, You guys might want to look at the code for Meteors, this all seems to be related. We've been having excessive streaming load in times with meteors enabled. The sound issue and the streaming issues are resolved once you "disable" (Safe) meteors. Also, Meteors continue to fall in an area where players are offline.

photo

Hello, DrwTrippy!

I'll ask you the same, do you get any actual game errors or are you just noticing this in the log? Could you please supply the full log from an un-modded save/server that you're experiencing this issue with? I appreciate you have provided a modded log.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Best i can do, Only mod was a planet on this on.

There are no visible errors in game other than performance.

I only noticed the error by chance viewing the active log and put 2 and 2 together.

photo

Going through my logs and it seems this started happening on 2/14 Timestamp 12:17, i am attaching that log as it is from the same server in which i linked the first log of the modded server in the hopes it might give some more insight.

photo

Hello, DrwTrippy!

Thank you for the log. Unfortunately, we need all mods removed even if you have 1 there it could cause a weird interference. If you are able to provide a log without any mods at all, we can have a look at that for you :)

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Let me make this as clear as possible. First, I have had this game since the start and have vigorously supported it. I don't play unmodded because frankly it's boring as hell at this point. Second, I do not work for Keen or receive any compensation. I do not hold the title QA Engineer or anything similar in the company, I am a Systems Admin and have more than enough on my plate already. Third, It is not my Job or Duty to perform QA and troubleshooting for for you. The meer fact that i came here with the issue is more than enough. This issue isn't mod related. This issue is someone oopsed the code when updates were added. Now then, if the company wants to bring me on officially for QA cool, otherwise i have provided adequate information on my part. I get the whole could be a mod issue thing, however that has always been the goto "excuse". Have a nice day.

photo

Hello, DrwTrippy!

Regretfully we will be unable to resolve your issue given the information you have provided.

We do not offer Torch support.

We do not offer Mod support.

If you are able to provide a complete, Mod Free, and unmodified log we would be happy to begin reviewing this issue immediately.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hello,

Since there are no new comments in this topic and we are still not able to reproduce it,

we are closing this thread as outdated. In case anyone is encountering the same or similar bug, which is not already posted in a different thread, please feel free to create a new thread with all relevant information.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!