This object is in archive! 

Warnings and Lag

Alisdair Taylor-Forbes shared this bug 2 years ago
Won't Fix

Hi, I was trying to play the latest update when I ran across some severe performance issues. I have been troubleshooting with some community help for 2 days now but have made very little progress. The main issue seems to be the warnings of Too many Blocks, too many grids, and the scene is too complex. These happen both in new and loaded worlds, on planets and in empty space. Even when its just me and the respawn ship on triton standing still I still get these issues. My hardware is more than sufficient to run the game as indicated below and those in the community have said I should have no issues. I have plenty of space on my hard drive, no other programs running or taking up a lot of resources and I still get hit with hard performance issues. I have been running on medium graphics for most of my tests and I have reinstalled the game, drivers, the C++ redistributables, cleared the shader cache and deleted the SpaceEngineers.cfg to let the game rediscover my hardware. I'd very much like to play the game smoothly even when on medium graphics settings. Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you soon.cwwkwb8fltj81

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Alisdair!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing these issues. Can you please supply a log file from a point where you experience the issue? This must be from a mod-free game

• You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Please also try the following:

• Verify your game files in Steam

• Right click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Local Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files

/bfSnH0rGoN-NgctSWBJN3LfvWZvgnfye9BrPgucxV0n8TDpNc-7yZYwSifdRXyl1quu20KGUNmHzSf6VGRbhWS4a_EYn2MclxJSOz6eVarmz-fhTWVaofVOAVZN_l_leF9dgQ5GF

• Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file

• It means your game configuration will be deleted
  • You can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

• Delete ShaderCache folder

• Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Update graphic drivers
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hello,

Since there are no new comments in this topic and we are still not able to reproduce it,

we are closing this thread as outdated. In case anyone is encountering the same or similar bug, which is not already posted in a different thread, please feel free to create a new thread with all relevant information.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!