This object is in archive! 

Game crashing

Oliver shared this bug 2 years ago
Won't Fix

For a couple of days now i have been experiencing the game crashing. It's inconsistent when it comes to when and how the game crashes, from time to time it will crash while loading the game. Currently it is crashing whenever i attempt to load a world, join another game or just stare at the starting menu. Currently i cannot even play the game anymore because it crashes before i can do so. I have been playing with the experimental version with some mods that have not shown to be a problem in the past. I am not sure if the experimental version is even the problem or if it isn't something the game itself.

I have updated my drivers, have verified the integrity of the files and have reinstalled the game and still the problem persists.

CPU - Ryzen 5 1600 FE

GPU - Gtx 1660 super

RAM - 32 GB 3200MHz

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Oliver!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. On the log where you have a crash you are using a mod. Please remove the mod and provide a crash log from an un-modded instance :)

If the game is currently crashing before you can enter the game, please try the two steps below:

• Add -skipintro into the game launch options
  • e85fc09208b68680cbcd2eda56e923f4
  • Renaming / Deleting "\Steam\SteamApps\common\SpaceEngineers\Content\Videos" folder

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hello, thank you for your recommendation! I will surely try out your solutions.

As for the files i have managed to make it crash without it being in experimental mode.

photo

Hello, Oliver!

Again, the attached crash log has a mod involved. Could you please supply a log that involves a crash without any mods?

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Excuse me, i had attached files that weren't the most recent crashes.

photo

Hello, Oliver!

Thank you for the new logs. I cannot see any exceptions in these logs compared to the modded ones.

I would suggest doing the following as these can help a wide array of issues:

• Verify your game files in Steam

• Right click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Local Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files

/bfSnH0rGoN-NgctSWBJN3LfvWZvgnfye9BrPgucxV0n8TDpNc-7yZYwSifdRXyl1quu20KGUNmHzSf6VGRbhWS4a_EYn2MclxJSOz6eVarmz-fhTWVaofVOAVZN_l_leF9dgQ5GF

• Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file

• It means your game configuration will be deleted
  • You can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

• Delete ShaderCache folder

• Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Update graphic drivers
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

Please let me know how you get on

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!