physic bugs [game breaking]

Norite shared this bug 2 years ago
Reported

just load world and activate stuff

so game request some heavy re work of physic engine

it's happening so often is a pain to deal with

physic sub steeping dos not exist "ship" with is a hinge example

piston rotor is a example of not preventing physic engine from applying constant force on sub grid / attached entity in not getting in depth with it

some examples are breaking after restart (save back to menu and load) or exploding

for right now hinge piston and rotors are unsafe to use

experimental mode also have the same issue

save file with examples attached

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Norite!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues. I have had a look in your save files but really could do with you being more specific. We ask for one thread per issue.

Can you provide reliable reproductions steps for your issue and give more concise detail on what the issue is? :)

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

i attached world save file with all think with are wrong there on every "ship" araund player is a button press it

my expectation is to nothing will spin out of control or apply constant force on object

in creative is not a problem but in survival it is 1 hit and player is dead if object is spinning fast

photo

Hello, Norite!

I have been looking into your save file and have only had one expereince of one of the grids spinning fairly fast. Other than this, they have either spun slightly or, not at all. Do you have a specific blueprint that would do what you have mentioned every time? I have to be able to reproduce the issue to report this internally so any file that is reliable, would be a great help.

Kind regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

"all" grids in save file are representing the same issue

only one with hinge is different issue

"Do you have a specific blueprint that would do what you have mentioned every time?"save file is a test world made with everything with is breaking some grids was made as variant of the same stuff

i can make something more broken then "grids spinning fairly fast.", i will send blueprints in 2-3 days

photo

all 3 types of broken stuff, piston example got small upgrade

photo

Hello, Norite!

Thanks for sharing the BP with us. We appreciate it a lot.

Unfortunately, we still aren't able to reproduce this issue. It would be a great help if you could share a screen record/video where you can experience this issue.

We are looking forward to assisting you with this issue.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

QA KeenSWH 2 "we still aren't able to reproduce this issue." how ?

https://youtu.be/tv4BG9EP5Xk

photo
photo

Hello, Norite,

I am sorry for the late reply. I tested the bug again using the video you sent. I successfully reproduced the bug and I reported it into our internal system.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file