This object is in archive! 

Sound block does not trigger consistently

kyleo shared this bug 2 years ago
Won't Fix

The sound block will not trigger consistently and sometimes plays the sound and other times remains silent. how to recrate the bug: have a very complex seen aka big ship have music audio at 0 (doesn't seam to happen when its not at 0) and trigger a sound block with a non looping sound. happens in modded and unmodded worlds (tho happens more in modded worlds probably due to increased complexity)

Replies (5)

photo

There is a 3 year old report of this same bug and i have always had this bug (untill i turned my music sound on) and i read in that post that non looping audio is plaid as "music" so i tried turning my music volume up and the problem is fixed. however i dont like playing with ingame music so it would be nice if this bug could be fixed :)

photo

Hello, Kyleo!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. I have just been looking at the original thread and can see it was closed due to a lack of replies/ability to reproduce the issue. As you have managed to reproduce the issue, I would appreciate your save file which I know causes the error (without any mods) please provide this and reliable steps for reproducing the issue :)

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

hello i have atached the unmodded world hope your are able to recreate the isue with it it may be lagging i pasted in alot of stuff to get the "sean is too complex" as that seam to be a factor in it tho its much esear to reproduce with mods if you would like to call and discuss anything to help further progress would be happy to do so (discord zoom or whatever works)

photo

Yes sound block is bugged in "real sound settings"

If you use some music mod then you must hit 2x play to music start

Sometimes you need to hit "Stop" 1st and then hit "Play" to hear anything.

BTW if your Sim speed go like 0.75 then no sound will play

photo

Hello, Kyleo!

Thank you for the save file. In this instance, I think it is down to how much you have pasted in here. I know this was an example but the save file is really full of SO many items that it could be causing the issue. Do you have a save file where this happens where there isn't quite so much going on? Or, is this only happening in a save file that is so full of items?

DIO_SVK, we would only be looking at un-modded situations but if you have any, please do provide them :)

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

sadly the only time i have been able to recreate the bug in an unmodded save is through "overloading" it per say or at least to get it to consistently happened it happens rarely but occasionally (like 1 in 1000 times) in less populated unmodded worlds. but the second mods are introduced it happens way more frequently i may play around with adding scripts in a less populated world and see if i can get it happening with that. but the main thing i have noticed is that when it is happening (unmodded or modded) turning the "music" volume up past 0 fixes the issue completely, tho the main problem there is that i dont like playing with in game music. anyways thanks for at least looking at the issue

photo

Update i have gotten the bug to happen quite consistantly in a world without REDICULUS amounts of gridds and stuff by anding a number of scripts. happens every like 5 or so sound triggers

photo

Hello, kyelo!

Thank you for the second save, I really appreciate it. Sadly, this is triggering without fail every single time for me. I will continue to see if I can get it to stop triggering.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

well if it helps i could record a video of it on my end (though i dout it would help) but something to note is you must have music volume off and trigger a non looping audio (figure i should mention it just in case)

photo

Hello, kyelo!

Just to double-check is this what you're looking at? :)

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

d2ba0539f59a7d43d85be893d9f66ed2

photo

yes that looks the same as what i have!

photo

i have done a bit more testing and it seams that scripting is a huge factor in causing this bug, as well as how powerful the device your running it on. on a less powerful rig it takes less to caus the bug

photo

Hello, kyleo!

Are you still experiencing this issue? Could you please supply a log file from when you experience this issue? You mention less powerful rigs and I wonder if you are meeting the minimum requirements? I wasn't able to reproduce the issue.

• You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

i have not played in the new update yet (life got busy) but i was able to recreate the isue in a world with only 2 or so creations when using like 6 or so scripts but ill try and recreate the bug again when i can on the newer version of the game at some point in the future

photo

Hello, kyleo!

Thank you for the update. If you not plan to play this in the near future, would you prefer this to be closed? You can then create a new thread if you play on the newer version of the game with relevant information :)

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

yeah i guess you can close it when i have the chance to test this in the new version if it happens again ill open a new thread ! thanks for the help tho!

photo

Hello, kyleo!

Thank you for the update. I will put this as 'won't fix' but please do create a new thread if you run into this issue again on a newer version of the game :)

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!