This object is in archive! 

Issue with conveyors, drills, and inventories

Matt Burchett shared this bug 2 years ago
Won't Fix

Hello!

We have found an issue while playing where when we blueprint a mining ship that we built, and make another one via the blueprint, that the drills do not empty into the cockpit, connectors, etc.

This is affecting both single player and MP.

We have tried recreating all the conveyor tubes, drills, and cockpit, and it doesn't seem to fix the "glitch". However, if we build the ship 100% from scratch, it works fine.

I am attaching a save file with a messed up (blueprinted) ship (after a small mining venture next to the spawn) as well as a file containing the blueprint itself.

Let me know if you need more information.

Replies (5)

photo

Update: We were able to get the conveyor system to function properly if we rebuild the connectors, drills, conveyors, and ejectors ALL while the cockpit was disassembled, since it's part of the conveyor stack.

I assume this is still unintended behavior so I'll say this is still a bug, but at least recreating in a specific order works.

photo

I am having this same issue.

photo

Can reproduce at least with that world and the welder ship within it, or a new copy welded from projection. Was unable to reproduce getting it to work from what I understand to be the workaround, grinding any conveyor network blocks below functional and then back up but with the cockpit last. Did not try completely replacing the blocks in question.

Cannot, however, reproduce it with a manually built ship with the same conveyor network setup, both pasted and welded from projection. Weird.

photo

I have to completely remove the blocks and then rebuild ( Not using the projector ) placing the cockpit last.

photo

Oof, that's harsh.

photo

Hello,

Thank you for the report.

Could you please provide us with a testing world where would be the affected grid in both states (before and after the bug)? It would be also helpful if you would be able to provide steps to reproduce the issue on a grid before it's bugged.

Any additional information would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!