This object is in archive! 

Server Browser freezes randomly, a lot.

Jacks Littleton shared this bug 2 years ago
Won't Fix

Sometimes when I go to the server browser, it will just freeze and I cant do anything, I have to force close the game. It could be because I click a filter while its loading, im not sure.

Replies (4)

photo

Hello, Jacks,

thanks for letting us know!

However, when I did try it in my game, I wasn´t able to observe said behavior.

Can you please elaborate more? Is this issue persistent for you - is it happening all the time, multiple times or was it just some one-timer? Are you observing some steps (other than clicking on filter as you already wrote) that leads to this state? Do you do any special actions prior going to Server selection screen? Can you maybe record and share me a video of this behavior happening to you?

You can also try these steps in order to fix it on your end:

• Verify your game files in Steam - right click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Local Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files
  • Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file (it means your game configuration will be deleted) - you can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.
  • Delete ShaderCache folder - same access as above
  • Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Update graphic drivers
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

Hope some of this will solve the issue for you or I can reproduce it on my end with the information you´ll provide.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

It is a persistent issue, it happens pretty frequently, ive uninstalled the game and reinstalled, and it didnt fix it. here is a video of it happening. Its processing right now so you might have to wait a little bit to view it.

https://youtu.be/CzLYAfUPkmQ

photo

Hello, Jacks!

Thank you for sharing the video with us.

Our QA team has recently rechecked this issue but couldn't recreate it. It would be a great help if you could kindly share some additional information, like if you're still experiencing this issue or when did you experience it last?

It would be also helpful if you could share the log file with us. You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar, and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that, just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

We are looking forward to assisting you with this issue.

Kind Regards

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Replies have been locked on this page!