This object is in archive! 

Problem with the Textures of terrains & blocks

Iclarus shared this bug 2 years ago
Solved

For some reason many blocks don't load their textures properly, unless I select it to build like I show on the video and the textures of the terrains are replaced by textures they don't correspond to like shown in one of the screenshots, when I get close it looks normal but sometimes it doesn't, the same thing happens with the green grass texture (the rock texture is not affected), I do not know if this happens with other textures besides the ones shown in the screenshot, this happens with or without mods, there is also a screenshot of my graphic settings just in case, I hope this helps fixing the problem

Edit: Also, I forgot to mention, the textures change in every reload of the world, sometimes the textures are right but most of the time is like this.

Best Answer
photo

Hello, Iclarus!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. Can you please supply a logfile from when you experience this issue?

You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Do you get the same outcome with lower graphical settings?

In the meantime I would suggest the following:

• Verify your game files in Steam

• Right click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Local Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files

/bfSnH0rGoN-NgctSWBJN3LfvWZvgnfye9BrPgucxV0n8TDpNc-7yZYwSifdRXyl1quu20KGUNmHzSf6VGRbhWS4a_EYn2MclxJSOz6eVarmz-fhTWVaofVOAVZN_l_leF9dgQ5GF

• Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file

• It means your game configuration will be deleted
  • You can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

• Delete ShaderCache folder

• Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Update graphic drivers
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

Replies (5)

photo

Hello, Iclarus!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. Can you please supply a logfile from when you experience this issue?

You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Do you get the same outcome with lower graphical settings?

In the meantime I would suggest the following:

• Verify your game files in Steam

• Right click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Local Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files

/bfSnH0rGoN-NgctSWBJN3LfvWZvgnfye9BrPgucxV0n8TDpNc-7yZYwSifdRXyl1quu20KGUNmHzSf6VGRbhWS4a_EYn2MclxJSOz6eVarmz-fhTWVaofVOAVZN_l_leF9dgQ5GF

• Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file

• It means your game configuration will be deleted
  • You can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

• Delete ShaderCache folder

• Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Update graphic drivers
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hello! Sorry I just had the idea of reinstall the game, I hope this doesn't affect the logfiles, if the problem persists or not I'll report back and try the possible solutions you showed me; also, the problem still there with lower graphical settings and I did verify the game files and it didn't solve the problem, I'll be back in a while, thank you.

photo

Looks like both problems got solved with the reinstall; something curious is that the first time I opened the game after the reinstall the problem was still there, but now is completely gone, I restarted the game, restarted Steam, created a new world without mods and added them after, modified my graphic settings, etc. it seems to be ok now, if the problem appears again I'll will report it. Also about the logfile, I don't see any file that has any reference to be a logfile in \Roaming\SpaceEngineers, so, were you referring to the entire \SpaceEngineers folder?

photo

Hello, Iclarus!

Glad you managed to sort the issue.

If you have since deleted everything, you wouldn't see a log file. It will be in there and as a text document something similar to SpaceEngineers_20**********_******** as an example. If you open it, it'll be obvious as it'll be timed and dated with 'Log started'

I will close this thread but if you run into any other issues, please do not hesitate to create a new thread :)

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Ok, thank you very much! have a great day/night ^-^

Replies have been locked on this page!