This object is in archive! 

Voxel hands not removing voxels

Dalek Caan shared this bug 2 years ago
Won't Fix

I'm an experienced SE player and have used voxels extensively. Since update 1.200, voxel hands simply do not remove voxels. I've tried multiple settings to fix this. I still do not know what is happening. At random it will start working again but will be very buggy and delayed. It'll also totally stop working again after a world reload.

Replies (3)

photo

Hello, Dalek,

thanks for letting us know about this issue and we are sorry you are experiencing it.

However, when tried on multiple maps, it´s simply working for me. Every shape, adding voxels, removing voxels, right after save in the same session, after loading back the game...

Please try these workarounds that might fix it for you:

• Verify your game files in Steam - right click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Local Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files
  • Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file (it means your game configuration will be deleted) - you can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.
  • Delete ShaderCache folder - same access as above
  • Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Reinstall the game

Please let me know if any of these works for you and fix the problem you are experiencing now.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

I've tried all of those now and it still doesnt work.

photo

Hello, Dalek,

it's quite a long time since your report of this and since last comment here.

Are you still experiencing this issue as of now? Or is it fixed already and you did not seen this issue recently?

Does this issue propagate itself just in one save/world, or does it happen on multiple saves (or every time on every save that you try)?

If you are still experiecing this issue and you are sure you have all settings correct and there is not any mod present in your game, that could possibly change this behavior, can you please send me the affected save file?

Ideally save file without any mods at all, if the issue can be observed there, as we do not support the mods as such, only the vanilla game.

You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.

Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Thanks you.

Kind Regards

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Replies have been locked on this page!