This object is in archive! 

Supposed ".Net out of Date"

Lars R D S shared this bug 2 years ago
Won't Fix

Issue

Game tries to start but is unable to because of an ingame popup prompt stating that i am supposed to download a hotfix. The prompt will open a microsoft page with said hotfix.

Problem#1

Said Patch / Hotfix doesn´t even exist anymore.

Problem#2

The most recent "Solutiones" and / or People with the same problem are from reddit and using Proton. Other Forum posts (mostly on steam) date back 3 to 4 years and after trying a plethera of possible fixes from those nothing helped. [Such as .Net reinstall / repair and Windows backups / updates]

Problem#3

I out of curiosity because this issue started to appear after the broadside update rolled back to different versions of the game using steams "beta" tab. All the other ones work fine and without issue.

Conclusion

After trying to fix this for three days and looking through a dozen microsoft and forum pages i´ve grown frustrated and clueless. I didn´t double-check if someone has the same issue right here right now but i didnt see anyone on the first half dozen pages so its safe to assume this ticket won´t be too bad. Well besides my bad spelling and grammar wich i apologies for.

Replies (7)

photo

Addendum#1
The Logfile states that the Graphicsdrivers must be updated the version installed at the time was one week old and has been Updated Today. The Main Problem of the Supposed ".Net out of date" Error still stands and has been bothering me ever since the release of Warfare 2. Since than i have reinstalled the game Twice and lost older Logfiles. If neccerary i can just Try to start up the game another 10 times to generate more logfiles and perhaps grab a screenshot of the popup message

EDIT: the Conclusion sais i´ve been looking through this for 3 days. This is incorrect, i´ve just forwarded this request from the /Ticket/ side of things to here as requested.

photo

Hello, Lars R D S!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues. It appears you have a newer version of the.net than myself interestingly.

Can you share a screenshot of the actual error you're getting?

I know you have tried some of the below but I would suggest doing these as these can fix a wide array of issues.

I would suggest the following:

• Verify your game files in Steam
  • Right click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Local Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files

/bfSnH0rGoN-NgctSWBJN3LfvWZvgnfye9BrPgucxV0n8TDpNc-7yZYwSifdRXyl1quu20KGUNmHzSf6VGRbhWS4a_EYn2MclxJSOz6eVarmz-fhTWVaofVOAVZN_l_leF9dgQ5GF

• Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file
  • It means your game configuration will be deleted
  • You can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.
  • Delete ShaderCache folder
  • Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Update graphic drivers
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

I would add that when uninstalling the game, please delete any remaining files in the directory and a full re-install (back up first)

You could also try rolling back the graphic drivers as you mentioned those too.

Failing this, if it really is a.net issue that isn't budging, it may be worth re-installing the OS but that would be something you would have to look into :)

Before you go down that route, please let me know how you get on with the above steps

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Departement

photo

Hello,

I´ve Attached 3 screenshots of the Error / the webpage it openes.

All the things you´ve mentioned apart from:

• Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Rolling back graphic drivers
  • OS Re-install

have been tried at least ones, some multiple times.

Just For good measure before rolling back the graphic driver and the VC Redist i will also, again, fully re-install the game.

I will let you know if i get any problems or if something fixes the issue.

Kind Regards

Lars

photo

Hello, Lars R D S!

Thank you for the screenshots. Please let me know how you get on after those steps

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hello again,

Sorry for coming back to you this late, had a taxing week.

I ended up Reinstalling VC Redist etc and sadly had no luck. I´ll most likely hold off on the OS Re-install because i was anyway looking to get an entire new system in 2 to 3 months. It´s only sad that i´m unable to play with the new awesome features.

If you have any other suggestions i´m happy to try them out.

Other than that, thank you alot already for working with me on this.

Kind Regards

Lars

photo

Hello, Lars R D S!

Is this still an issue that persists with you? Did you manage to do an OS re-install at any point?

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!