This object is in archive! 

Air vent and O2 tank in "storage" mode

Zer0 shared this bug 2 years ago
Won't Fix

I noticed that between two sessions, my astronaut was dying in his cryo because of a lack of air, even though the room in which the cryo is located is pressurized.

I then discovered that the air was not reaching the cryo, because the oxygen tank (unique) of the installation had the "store" parameter on. A mistake on my part.

However, the room was pressurized despite of this: the ventilation block had four green lights, and the cryo had a yellow light.

So I think it's a bug: a condition that determines whether oxygen should reach the air vent is not aligned with that which determines whether air should arrive in cryo.

Please have a look on the picture, notice the yellow light on the cryo and the four green lights on the air vent.4fd1f797e16fc201e0c14ce2db3f43a2

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Zor0,

thanks for letting us know about this issue that you are experiencing and we are sorry that it is happening to you.

However, I was not able to observe the issue you are mentioning.

Is this issue happening to you multiple/all the time? Are you able to reproduce it at will? Or does that need some special steps that you are not sure what they are?

Can you please provide me the affected save file, please? That way I could try it in your excact environment, where it was proven to happen.

You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.

Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

If you can share any more information that could point me to the right dirrection, please share those as well.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hi thanks for your reply. This happened on EU #1, I will try to reproduce it in a standalone survival and send you the save.

photo

Well I haven't managed to reproduce the bug in a standalone test environment, under the same condition.

This happened to me once. What was strange is that the room was pressurizing (opening closing the outside doors) although the O2 tank was "on storage", and no O2 arrived in the cryo (yellow light). No O2 generator were running at this time because no ice.

I will at least try to reproduce it on the EU #1 as soon as I can and let you know.

photo

Sorry I really could'nt reproduce that bug. It must be related to some conditions out of my reach. Well at least it is not a blocking one.

photo

Hello, Zor0,

thanks for coming back to this thread.

Since you are not able to reproduce it again, and I wasn´t able to reproduce it on my side neither, I will close this thread now.

It seems it was rather one-timer - it´s possible that it was just some mishap and that could have multiple origins, that I´m not able to reproduce/hunt down.

Hope you understand.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Yeah I agree, I have a similar case with power in another ticket that looks like more synchronization bugs between the game state on the server and the one on my client software. Those one are nearly impossible to reproduce.

Replies have been locked on this page!