This object is in archive! 

No ''edit code'' button in programmable block.

Steven Tapper shared this bug 2 years ago
Won't Fix

Hi,

Im trying to use scripts in my server but the ''edit code'' button wont show up. Ive enabled the

<EnableIngameScripts>true</EnableIngameScripts>

and

<EnableScripterRole>false</EnableScripterRole>

But it doesnt fix anything. The server should also be in experimental mode just like my game. I really want these scripts to work so that i can set up and automated mining operation and then just go to space.

Ive included to picture as to show you what my programmable block looks like.

Replies (3)

photo

For a DS? Post the world's sandbox_config.sbc as well as DS's config (remove any passwords or whatever sensitive info might be there, I dunno xD) for them to be able to replicate your exact circmustances.

Also, if you have mods did you try without them? They can accidentally break terminal controls because it's such an entangled system xD

photo

Whats a DS? And no we have no mods loaded.

photo

And here is the sandbox file.

photo

That file has 0 bytes so I can't try that =)

And by DS I mean dedicated server, but regardless of that you should have a GUI to edit those settings.

Mind that sandbox.sbc and sandbox_config.sbc both have server settings, if you're editing those manually for changing settings then first delete the _config one and edit the other one, it'll automatically create the config one.

photo

I checked the sandbox_config.sbc as well and it also has the settings set. I created the world in game and then loaded it into the server with my desired settings for example scripts in this case. Plus i also changed all the parameters to how i want them including scripts in the server config on the server interface from the company i bought it from.

And i cant seem to create a new winrar file for some reason.

photo

Hello, Steven!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. I have tried this and am able to see the 'edit code' section. Please could you share the world in which you are experiencing this issue without any mods and I will see if I can recreate the same issue or if it is only happening for you rather than an issue with the file itself? Is this happening in other worlds?

Any further information would be a great help :)

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!