This object is in archive! 

Not choosing correct color when using Shift+P when Mirror Build (N mode) is active

NovaEngie shared this bug 2 years ago
Reported

Looking directly at a block at close range. No other blocks are in the way that could possibly be picked up instead (no lights, half blocks, etc. that could be in the way), and the target block is highlighted. Shift P is hit. It either fails to pull the color (nothing happens) or it pulls a color from the other side of the mirror. This has been happening since Warfare 2 launched. It only happens in Mirror Build mode. Shift+P should only look at the block in front of the player, not the other side of the mirror.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, NovaEngie!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. Thank you for the information. I have tried a number of varieties of ways of recreating the issue but without a video, I'm finding it quite hard. Could you please provide a video demonstrating the issue? Please see my attached video of what I have been trying.

Any further information would be a huge help :)

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

This should pretty well demonstrate what happens. When the other side of the mirror has a different color, pressing Shift + P can clone the color from a block on the opposite side, not the block you're looking at.

photo

Hello, NovaEngie!

Thank you for the video. Are you running mods? Could you please clarify that this happens in an un-modded world?

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hello, Laura. I have verified this happens in an un-modded world as well. I literally just tried it in your Asteroid Base starter scenario. Attempting to color pick from one side of the mirror will always pull the color from the opposite side, every single time. I can absolutely replicate this on both modded and unmodded worlds. See video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9iFY7twU1A

photo
photo

Hello, NovaEngie!

Thank you for the video and information, that was a big help. I have reproduced the issue and reported it internally.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file