This object is in archive! 

Small grid vent pressurization bug

Rayleigh Jones shared this bug 2 years ago
Reported

I have found a pressurization bug that had been previously reported in another thread. However since the author of that thread had mods on their save, and removing these mods messed with the pressurized space the mod occured in it has been dismissed.

As per the thread closing notice's suggestion, having encountered that bug too, I am making a new thread and attaching details and an unmodded game save and videos. Game save is attached to the ticket, videos can be found here: Bug observation 1 (https://youtu.be/iz50Ek9KAAw) and Bug observation 2 (https://youtu.be/seq66jG79r0)

On the first video you can see that in an enclosed and pressurized large grid space on the alien planet I lose pressure whenever I stand close to some small grids. I am in survival in this game so it does not damage me, but it can be seen in the HUD.

While investigating this, I have found out that the bug didn't occur with one of the grids I had spawned. I realized that this grid, contrary to the others, had no external air vent. On the second video you can see the bug appear and disappear as I put and remove an air vent on a small grid.

So here you go, I think I found where the bug comes from: the vent. It should be noted that this occurs wether or not that vent has depressurization enabled or not. Powering or not the grid also has no impact, the bug can be replicated easily by putting a small grid vent onto a few bits of armor in the save game's hangar.

This behaviour has been observed within the alien planet's atmosphere, and I suspect I have seen it or variations of it on Pertam. On occasions I have been unable to trigger the asphyxiation effect after changing atmosphere and teleporting around. But the save file should reliably show a good example of that bug that I observed numerous time, and has made working around with small grids vehicles in these environments quite a pain. As having a pressurized hangar should facilitate working on small ships, but in these cases it doesn't.

Best Regards

Replies (2)

photo

I said "I am in a survival in this game so it does not damage me" I mistyped, I meant "I am in creative".

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thank you for your excellent report. It was really helpful when reproducing this issue. I reported this bug internally.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House, QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file