This object is in archive! 

Unknown Signals Stop Appearing on Dedicated Servers

Valikai shared this bug 2 years ago
Won't Fix

I have not been able to isolate what is triggering it, but over time players on our dedicated server have stopped receiving notifications for personal (not competitive, strong unknown signals) drop boxes.

The only common threads these players appear to have is that they have over a week of activity, were seeing the signals regularly for some portion of time, then all of a sudden stopped getting them all together.

This started as one or two players, but it is now multiple. It has come up past wipes, and occurred on both modded and vanilla worlds.

Thanks for your time.

Replies (3)

photo

Hello, Valikai!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. I have been looking into this and know we have had reports of this before. We would have to be focussing only on non-modded worlds as we cannot look at anything that is modded.

Is this all unknown signals and strong unknown signals that are being affected? Are the users only experiencing this on your server or, through all servers they play on?

It may be worth providing the save file so we can take a look although it's quite interesting who you say this is affecting.

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hi Laura,

I was able to determine the cause (but not what is triggering it) - and it seems to not be isolated to just my world. The issue is in the MyObjectBuilder_SessionComponentContainerDropSystem, which records into the Sandbox.sbc. As you can see in the attached XML code that many of the containers get stuck at a timer of 0, and won't progress past it and clear the container, leaving the player is a perpetual state of having an active container and preventing new ones from spawning.

Please let me know if you need more information that this. I've been told by many people on the Keen discord that they have the same issue (even on the official servers).

Thank you so much for your help.

photo

Hello, Valikai!

Thank you for the update. Do you have a save file with the issue? I would need to be able to reproduce the issue to report it internally. I appreciate you think you know why it's happening but as I say, I need to reproduce it :)

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

To reproduce this bug on the Keen official servers:

Have an unknown signal appear just before the server restart so that the 15m spans the restart.

When the server is back up, there will be no visible countdown timer on the unknown signal (though it will still be counting down).

Go to the unknown signal and press the button that would normally stop the timer

No more unknown signals will appear on that server.

I have this issue on all but 2 of the EU and UK servers.

Replies have been locked on this page!