Error: No IP assigned.

Maik Laschober shared this bug 2 years ago
Need More Information

As requested here: https://support.keenswh.com/spaceengineers/pc/ticket/23166 i'll post that bug again.

The issue

The startup log outputs:

Bind IP : 192.168.208.2:27016 
... game exits. Sometimes the docker image needs several tries to finally startup. See full log attached. I have also attached a log where it starts.

I had this submitted on the abandonded git as the issue was already posted here before. See: https://github.com/KeenSoftwareHouse/SpaceEngineers/issues/611

============

My Docker Environment where i encounter this problem:

I have a root vm from strato.de running on Debian 10, they use virtuozzo if that might be relevant.

My Docker Image can be found here: https://hub.docker.com/repository/docker/devidian/spaceengineers

If you need any further information i will try to get them

Replies (12)

photo

i have the same issue. only i run Ubuntu 20.04 on a local server i run @home.

i hope Keen can look into this as it is very anoying that a server sometimes takes hours in a row to come back online.

photo

Hello, Maik!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues. Am I right in saying you're running Windows 7? If so, we only provide support for Windows 10 as mentioned on our Steam store page. Could you please confirm this?

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hi Laura,

no i'm not running Windows 7. It is not about the game (client), which runs (in my case) on windows 10 without issues.

The bug is about the dedicated server running in a docker container. The server runs fine so far if (and thats a big if) that bug is not occuring.

All ports are forwarded, the server starts always in the same starting environment, so sometimes it works and sometimes not (which can chain a lot and take several minutes or even hours as @Darthmoll mentioned)

I think there is an issue with the steam API trying to get the external IP, see this code from an older codebase (dont know if it is still accurate)

int timeout = 100;
while (ip == 0 && timeout > 0)
{
    SteamSDK.SteamServerAPI.Instance.GameServer.RunCallbacks();
    Thread.Sleep(100);
    timeout--;

ip = SteamSDK.SteamServerAPI.Instance.GameServer.GetPublicIP();
    id = SteamSDK.SteamServerAPI.Instance.GameServer.GetSteamID();
}

MySandboxGame.Services.SteamService.UserId = id;

if (ip == 0)
{
    MyLog.Default.WriteLineAndConsole("Error: No IP assigned.");
    return;
}
I dont know why the game must know its external ip in this case but if steam does not report a public ip, the dedicated server quits.

Need more info?

Best regards

Maik

photo

Not sure if the update a couple days ago had anything to do with it but the problem is now worse. Before i would just reset the software (torch) a few times and it would go through but now nothing. Ive tried everything i found as a fix. Rebooted the server, restarted Torch, reinstalled Torch, added inbound and outbound rules for window firewall, port forwarding 27016, 8766 and 8080. Using both the server IP and 0.0.0.0 as the "Server IP" in Torch settings. Making the server IP static. Starting Torch without mods....

I havent tried snake oil or slaughter a small woodland creature yet. I would if it will help. Really like this game.

Roy

photo

This topic has still "Need more Information" Flag, what kind of information do you need?

photo

Hello, Engineers!

I will need to be able to reproduce the issue to report it internally. I don't believe so far there have been reproduction steps but please correct me if I am wrong :)

Firstly, we do not provide support for mods. I see in a log there were mods so these would need to be removed or, tested with a fresh, mod-free world.

Secondly, we do not provide torch support.

Any saves, logs etc must not have either of the above-mentioned involved. If someone could please supply me with the ability to reproduce the issue whether that be a world or instructions and I can hopefully reproduce it and report it internally :)

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

OK, the simplest way to reproduce it on Windows is to disconnect your PC from internet and try to start the server.

c1298685c6f796ca75c6ec53fb0135e3

Of cause the remote vm should have internet but in some cases, when the VM starts up, it seems to have trouble connecting. The result is, the vm shutdown and restarts and maybe loops the same issue for minutes or even hours.

The question is: Why does it not simply listen to incoming requests, and retry connecting to master server for X times, without stopping the server immediately?

Best Regards

Maik

photo

Guys could also try reading the OP's post in its entirety. Docker containers, ladies and gents.

Any chance this will ever be addressed? Its a server, it doesn't need to request a port from steam, just run and listen, send beacons to steam servers.

photo

Hello, Engineers!

It´s already quite long time from when this issue was originally posted as well as from the last comment.

Are you still experiencing it? Or was it fixed in the meantime.

Thanks in advance for confirming me current situation.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

I lately updated my docker solution to try fixing another issue (cant download any mods). It seems that using newly wine 7+ fixes the NoIP issue but i cant confirm it until keen fixes the mod downloading issues.

I found fixes on discord for windows and they seem to work ON WINDOWS (moving some dll files) but they DO NOT work on DOCKER. Maybe the next update fixes the download issues and i can then check if wine 7 (or 8 as it just released to stable) will fix the NOIP issue for real.

Best Regards

Maik

photo

I'll have to check again, but after about a week trying to work around it, I have up and we started playing satisfactory...

I'll have to spool it up and give another try

photo

I have exactly the same problem when using https://hub.docker.com/repository/docker/devidian/spaceengineers

Is there a solution, please?

Bind IP : 192.168.10.133:27016 

Leave a Comment

Attach a file