This object is in archive! 

Cargo ships and pirates not spawning after a while

Bob Whosywhatsit shared this bug 2 years ago
Won't Fix

I'm not sure if its a bug or just how the game works, I can't find any information about it, but I'm on a star system map and I haven't seen a signal from a pirate or a cargo ship in a long time when traveling between planetary bodies. First the cargo ships went away, and then somewhere after either the the first warfare update or the industrial update (i spent a lot of time on one planet is why I can't specify) there are no signals.

Is there a maximum amount of player created objects before these things stop spawning?

Is there a limited number of times the game allows types of NPC objects to spawn?

or could there be a glitch when a new update was introduced to a world that was generated in an older version of the games?

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Bob,

thanks for letting us know about his issue.

There are various PCU limits in the world settings. See image.

If you will cross this number, there won't be any more objects spawning.

3b4d86ac15109166a29714f228177813

Please make sure your settings are correct and as wanted here and you have not more PCU than permitted by these settings - you can find these in any game in Advanced settings option.

If you will check and after possible changing it, you would still not get those and will think it's a bug, can you please share me a save file of your affected world?

You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.

Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Thanks in advance for either coming back and letting me know, or for sending the requested files.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Have this same problem right now, and I turned the block limits off a while ago, while also doing some interplanetary stuff like trading. Left from mars to a planet, on the way I saw a couple salvages like raiders, a drone station, an ice miner corvette which I stole the mining Gibril ship from inside. But ever since I want to say halfway from mars to the planet, I stopped seeing salvages and ships all together, and upon returning I saw exactly 0, and same story for my asteroid base multiple days after.

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!