This object is in archive! 

Saves arent copied over and cant save blueprints

Space Whale shared this bug 2 years ago
Solved

So i backed up space engineers onto a different drive, Had to reformat my windows drive wich i did then installed from the backups available on the drive, Yet none were brought over, Also i cannot seem to save blueprints, When i turn off steam cloud it works? but as soon as i have it on it refuses to, Any idea how to fix both issues?

Replies (3)

photo

Hello, Space Whale,

thanks for letting us know and we are sorry that you are experiencing this issue in a first place.

First of all – are you still experiencing this issue? The thread is rather old now, so it's possible that you have it solved by now.

When you are saying that you backed the Space engineers... what folders do you mean exactly? Only the SpaceEngineers one from Steam... or the one from Appdata/Roaming as well?

The saves should be in folder in: by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar, you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID. There should be stored all the saves from the game.

Do you have saves there? Or did you moved saves back here after the reinstalling? It's working just fine on my end – once I add any save/bleprint etc. I copy to this folder, it appear properly in the game.

Any more information that you can share would help me.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello! I do not have the issue anymore. But i used steam to install SE from the backup i created via steam. This didnt fully work. Probably a fault on my end but even on the pre backup i had the bug and on the new install i had it too. It has been a few months since the bug left. But the further info i can provide for the bug is that turning off cloud fixes it but once you lose the game you lose the ships as they are locally saved. But the backup i still have the old data so i will try what you noted in the comment. Thank you. And i hope the info i provided will help if players have this bug too. Have a good day!

photo

Hello, Space Whale,

thanks for a swift response! :)

I'm happy to hear that you are no longer experiencing it and you can play without issues; that is great.

Will mark this one as solved as there is no other action needed from our side.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file