This object is in archive! 

Game crashing during loading screen when joining a modded server.

Omega Maxwell shared this bug 2 years ago
Won't Fix

The problem did not occur on day 1 of playing on a dedicated private server with friends. It has only started being consistent when away from Earth on asteroids and in space. Whenever I try to log back into the server, whilst in loading screen the game would crash.

The server is modded, however that does not stop me from joining altogether, so it isn't mods. If I alt tab from the game for about a minute (there is no fixed time, I just yolo click on the game and check if it's frozen in which case I close the game and try again or I get white screen and then game loads in) then check back on it, I manage to log in and play just fine.

From checking the logs, error seems to be - ERROR: Camera entity from checkpoint does not exists!

I tried googling it, and only solutions were to delete cache and cfg file, which seemingly helped at one point, but it never helped again, so I assume it was just a fluke.

I have attached the logs from Roaming, hope this helps and you manage to recreate the issue.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Omega!

Sorry you were experiencing this issue. Is it still someothing you are expereicning in the latest version?

Unfortuately, we're probably not going to be able to reproduce and issue like this. We don't support mods and you have mentioned this server is modded. As far as I can tell, there is no crash in your logs. Can you point me to a specific one where you experincnce a crash rather than multiple logs?

You could try removing the mods from your folder and then allowing them to re-download when you join the server.

I would suggest the following firstly:

• Verify your game files in Steam

• Right click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Local Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files

/bfSnH0rGoN-NgctSWBJN3LfvWZvgnfye9BrPgucxV0n8TDpNc-7yZYwSifdRXyl1quu20KGUNmHzSf6VGRbhWS4a_EYn2MclxJSOz6eVarmz-fhTWVaofVOAVZN_l_leF9dgQ5GF

• Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file

• It means your game configuration will be deleted
  • You can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

• Delete ShaderCache folder

• Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Update graphic drivers
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hello,

Since there are no new comments in this topic and we are still not able to reproduce it,

we are closing this thread as outdated. In case anyone is encountering the same or similar bug, which is not already posted in a different thread, please feel free to create a new thread with all relevant information.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file