This object is in archive! 

vehicles randomly fly in to sky in multiplayer

Norite shared this bug 2 years ago
Won't Fix

dd5e29014a5241db9305735c8737f072

it happen to me multiple times when i log in to sever my vehicles just fly to sky or glitch in some wired way and gets destroyed

so fix be to first load terani with normal LOD and colliders with LOD high resolution for it and later grids

problem is with LOD system with perhaps is editing terrain collider and vehicle on load is inside ground with can create undesired behavior is just a guess

most likely is Async streaming loading free floating grid inside terani collider even small amount of clipping can make grids just fly

so my point is loading order is probably wrong with can fix it or just make it less likely to happen

this is hard bug to track to i do not expect to be fixed fast

just a small info piston heed are missing from suport

Replies (4)

photo
photo

Hello, Norite!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue.

Can you please supply a copy of an un-modded world where you are experiencing this issue with reliable steps to reproduce this?

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

i was playing on not my server what world WTF

photo

Hello, Norite!

Thank you for letting me know. I would need either a world to reproduce the issue or reliable steps to reproduce the issue. Without this, it makes it practically impossible for us to look into the issue. If you're able to get a copy of a world from your admin or recreate the issue on your own server, please provide a save. This would also need to be completely mod-free as this can cause many issues.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

i can send bp for truck im not playing for long time (28 days ago how old this is) only way to reproduce it is to stuck piston in to mined ground or other block connected to piston head it might depends on weight of object

and constant re-log from server or doing restarts is not to hard to reproduce i got the same stuff over 3 times

unhook truck from trailer it as side to side then this happen and truck got yeted over 500m where was standing

world needs to be hosted with real lag +-100-200ms

photo

Hello, Norite!

Thank you for this. You mention it needs to be hosted in 'real lag' do you think that the lag is playing a part in this rather than the actual blueprint? I wonder if this could be the issue at all here? Does it happen without any lag?

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

so i spotted when i was playing in low speed network connection and ping around 300ms for Loading time and grids was loading before terrain modification with created rubber banding expected for this amount of ping with can cause random behavior on "free floating" grids and sub grids is a collision issue is just my guess

lag is relay important because it is multiplayer after all, there is no way to get low ms in SE on wifi :) or in any other game

is happen to multiple grids but 1 common think grid was having piston close to ground or inside maned out ground

photo

my point is is needs to be hosted not on tested local host because this is not representing real game

photo

Hello, Engineer!

It´s already quite long time from when this issue was originally posted as well as from the last comment.

Are you still experiencing it? Or was it fixed in the meantime.

Thanks in advance for confirming me current situation.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!