This object is in archive! 

Air pressure erratic behaviour in low pressure environments

Kerngezond shared this bug 2 years ago
Won't Fix

When in low pressure environments the air pressure shows erratic behavior. When in desert environments (on both Pertam and Earthlike) air pressure drops during sand storms. While that seems like intended behavior it seems to correspond to erratic air pressure drops. The two most common problems I encounter are:

1. When in a low pressure but breathable situation closing the door to create a high pressure environment will actually lead to a lower pressure, sometimes deeply into the negative values. When values dive into the negative other random problems like suit light cutting out also occur. This problem occurs especially when getting in and out of the building multiple times in a row.
  2. Random pressure drops during sand storms in specific areas around my building (outside).
    Room pressurization then proceeds to rise normally

Replies (4)

photo

Update: While fiddling around to try and isolate the problem I also noticed that when you try to reproduce the problem by moving in and out of your building fast it fails to recognize pressurization. By saving, closing, and reloading your save file it will act normal again and start to correctly pressurize your room.

Note: This is all vanilla. I use no mods.

photo

Hello, Kerngezond,

thanks for letting us know.

However, I´m not able to get to the same point as you do. Preassure is working fine when trying on my built base on Pertam on Low oxygen area.

Is this issue persistent for you? Meaning that you are able to reproduce it multiple times on different game sessions, or was it just some one-timer?

Can you please share me your save file? Might be some special place that you have the base on or something that your save/game has and mine don´t.

You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.

Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello Ondrej Borz,

Thanks for trying to help me out. To answer your questions:

It is a very persistent issue, but one that is fiendishly difficult to reliably replicate. At the moment it seems I'm not able to reproduce the problem on my desert base on Earthlike in my second savegame. I will post it as soon as I'm able to.

However, I have been able to replicate the issue on my Pertam base in my first savegame. To reproduce, follow these steps with the savegame I have attached: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kpvtpcw1ghcjqah/Bugreport 2.zip?dl=0

1. Get out of bed and turn your helmet lights on.
  2. You are in a tiny room, stay there and try to find the air vent in the ceiling with which you can check air pressure. Air pressure should be 100% at this moment.
  3. Get out of the tiny room to find yourself in a slightly larger room (leave the door open). As soon as you do this, air pressure drops well below 0% into the negative and you'll suffocate rapidly if you don't have your helmet on. You can check this with the air vent which will show a pressure of about -900%. The air vent will re-establish normal pressure but as it needs to get to 100% from around -900% it leaves ample time to suffocate.
  4. If you leave your helmet on you won't suffocate of course, but suit energy drops rapidly. I'm not completely sure, but it seems to drop even faster than in a vacuum.

If you have any more questions please feel free to ask.

Kind regards,

Kerngezond.

photo

Hello, Engineer!

It´s already quite long time from when this issue was originally posted as well as from the last comment.

Are you still experiencing it? Or was it fixed in the meantime.

Thanks in advance for confirming me current situation.

Kind Regards

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Replies have been locked on this page!