This object is in archive! 

Muzzle Flash Particles follow grid with Motion Inheritance = 0

UfoL BeerSeeker shared this bug 2 years ago
Reported

I noticed that some of my mods got somewhat broken after Warfare 2 update.

Custom muzzle flash particle effects emitted by grid guns (smallgrid, fixed in my case) seem to follow grid movement and rotation for entire duration of effect, while same particle effect created by handheld gun keeps it's original location and orientation and stays where it was. Motion inheritance tag is 0 for both.

It seems that recent update changed something with how muzzle flash particle effect emmiter behaves. Before update both handheld and grid guns particle effects behaved the same.

Example video: https://streamable.com/qr9s9f

Replies (1)

photo

Hello, UfoL!

Sorry that you're experiencing this issue. Can you please supply a link to your mod on the workshop so I can take a look at this. Any reliable steps to reproduce this would be great (e.g. particular weapons etc)

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hello,

This is link to workshop mod: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2240369584

It is xml only, no scripts involved. Effect is just custom muzzle flash particle effect.

There are handheld Flaregun and smallgrid Flare Launcher. Before warfare 2 update they both behaved the same.

I have found old video showing how it behaved before: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_VTr_Au1D4

Now muzzle flash particle emitter created by hand weapon stays in place, like it did before, while emitter created by fixed grid weapon strictly follows further grid movement.

To reproduce in game using mod: Just place and fixed Flare Launcher on a mobile smallgrid, shoot and move/rotate the grid. Then equip handheld flare gun, shoot and move around. Observe the difference.

To reproduce in SBC:

In any Weapon deffinition, <Effects> assign custom effect to muzzle dummy

<Effects>
<Effect Action="Shoot" Dummy="muzzle_projectile" Particle="custom_particle_effect" Loop="false" InstantStop="false"/>
</Effects>
In particle effect definition:

<Length>30</Length>
<Loop>false</Loop>
<DurationMin>210</DurationMin>
<DurationMax>210</DurationMax>
<ParticleGenerations>
    <Properties>
            <Property Name="Particles per second" AnimationType="Animated" Type="Float">
              <Keys>
                <Key>
                  <Time>0</Time>
                  <ValueFloat>10</ValueFloat>
                  <Value2D />
                </Key>
              <Keys>
            <Property Name="Motion inheritance" AnimationType="Const" Type="Float">
              <ValueFloat>0</ValueFloat>
            </Property>

This works with any particle effect assigned as block weapon muzzle flash that emits particles over time, rather than in a single burst. Because Motion Inheritance tag in particle definition does not seem to matter here, i believe it is the emitter itself that is moving.

It is the difference in behaviour between the two weapon types that causes confusion. As well, as the change with recent update. Was it intentional? If yes, then other weapons would need update to keep it consistent. If not, then muzzle flash emitter on block weapons seem to be bugged.

Hope this will help. And thank you for time, especially that it's not explicitly vanilla issue.

photo

Hello, UfoL!

Thank you so much for all the information and video, these were a huge help! I have successfully reproduced the issue and reported it internally.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file