This object is in archive! 

News download failed after 1.200 update

maurissimo60 shared this bug 2 years ago
Won't Fix

hello everyone,

after the last update the game is not able to download the news in the game start screen, the message "news downloading failed" appears instead of the news.

Validating the game files and restarting the game didn't help.

Replies (5)

photo

Hello, maurissimo60,

thanks for letting us know.

However, I´m not experiencing the issue you are speaking about. See image from my game.

356085fe0ee60490e7dea001aeb38ead

While it might seems bumb question - are you sure you have Steam (and the game) in online mode?

Please in order to try to fix the issue on your end, try these steps:

• Verify your game files in Steam (I know you said you already did that, but it can not hurt to try again) - Right click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Local Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files
  • Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file (this means your game configuration will be deleted) - you can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.
  • Delete ShaderCache folder - same access as written above
  • Back up (so you won´t loose e.g. your saves, blueprints, mods) your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall the game

Hope some of these steps will help you to solve it. Let me know.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hi, thanks for the reply to my report, I will try to follow your advice to restore the game news and I will let you know if it has fixed the bug even if it is not a serious problem, because apart from this small bug, the game it works fine for me. My best regards to you and your colleagues.

photo

hi, I tried all the solutions you recommended, even reinstalled the game, but no solution solved the problem, still the news are not downloaded

photo

Same thing as myself.

Reinstalled windows, steam and game, verified it many times and still the same. Steam, for me, is not in offline mode either.

Some times it'll show if .cfg file is deleted but not all the time. Shouldn't have to each and every time as it mean's redoing game/keybinding settings over and over.

This issue came about with the warfare 2 update as well as performance issue's on a Ryzen 9 3900XT and rtx 3070 TI 32GB Ram.

photo

Managed to get ingame news feed working, for me (at this time) I've had to disable HPET (High Precision Event Timer) in hardware, device manager. This should not be used as a fix. Not sure why it works after doing the above.

Not sure why, out of all other updates, the last one has caused problems, such as the news feed not to work for some people, and other such problems.

photo

Same issue here, on Xbox series S instead of PC.

photo

Hello, Engineers!

It´s already quite long time from when this issue was originally posted as well as from the last comment.

Are you still experiencing it? Or was it fixed in the meantime.

Thanks in advance for confirming me current situation.

Kind Regards

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

photo

hello everyone, I solved the problem that didn't show the news on the main screen of the game by installing "plugin loader" by avaness and enabling some plugins. I don't know which plugin fixed it but I'm glad I found a fix. hope this post can help other players with the same problem.

Replies have been locked on this page!