This object is in archive! 

Unable to connect to official servers or Steam hosted games

IMEI shared this bug 2 years ago
Solved

For some reason, I am not able to connect to any official server, 3rd party dedicated server or even Steam hosted games. Friend's cant connect to my games either.

UPNP is enabled on my router but there are no entries for it in the UPNP table.

I am at a loss for why I can't connect.

I have verified my game cache through Steam and it comes back as fully validated.

Suggestions welcome.

I've attached the most recent log file of me trying to connect to Keen NA #1 and of me trying to join a friend's hosted game via Steam.

Replies (5)

photo

Hello, IMEI!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. As it's not just a single server or multiplayer method, I would assume it is something on your end rather than the game itself. I would suggest doing all of the below (I appreciate you have already validated)

• Verify your game files in Steam

• Right click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Local Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files

/bfSnH0rGoN-NgctSWBJN3LfvWZvgnfye9BrPgucxV0n8TDpNc-7yZYwSifdRXyl1quu20KGUNmHzSf6VGRbhWS4a_EYn2MclxJSOz6eVarmz-fhTWVaofVOAVZN_l_leF9dgQ5GF

• Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file

• It means your game configuration will be deleted
  • You can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

• Delete ShaderCache folder

• Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

I would also check your firewall settings and also any antivirus software. If at all possible, I would also suggest trying to connect on another PC inside your house. You may also be able to try connecting tethered to your phone network to see if you can connect this way to at least narrow the issue down a little.

Kind Regards

laura, QA Department

photo

I'm doing that right now and I'll let you know what I find.

photo

Hello, IMEI!

THank you, please let us know how you get on :)

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

I had to do a full uninstall/reinstall and remove all references to the EXE in Windows Firewall before it started working again.

photo

Hello, IMEI!

Thank you for getting back to us. I'm glad it has now started working again after you have done these things.

I will close this thread for you

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file