Player being detected by the Sensor block while in a cockpit (wasn't an issue before 1.200 update)

Jack Tori shared this bug 9 months ago
Reported – Awaiting fix

When I tested my old grids that used sensors for automatic doors and where cramped then I could see that the sensor blocks behaved differently. It used to ignore the player when controlling a cockpit block even though the sensor area was big enough to see both the cockpit and the player. Now it still detects the player while they are controlling a cockpit block.

I added pictures of a setup that used to work but now doesn't because of the new behavior/bug. Idea was that I had lights turn on automatically when a player gets close and turn off if the leave or enter the seat. That later part is now impossible to do without exposing the sensor blocks.

Replies (6)

photo

Mine does something similar, My cockpit is not in the sensor area but when I'm viewing the camera and pitching and yawing, it triggers every few seconds.

The sensor is a few blocks back and like 2 blocks above the control seat.

photo
  • The following description was found in the Warfare2 update history.
  • Fixed Sensors not detecting characters when seated
  • Perhaps the current state of affairs is normal.

photo

I see but it still has issues which I'm trying to replicate.

Here's the description: so I'm driving around with my rover and after turning 90 degrees either left or right the sensors get triggered for no reason and will stay triggered until I turn again 90 degrees in either direction.

photo
photo

Hello, Jack!

Thank you for letting us know. Could you please supply an un-modded save file where this is happening? As mentioned, 'Fixed Sensors not detecting characters when seated' was there so I'd be interested to see your save :) Please also add reliable steps to reproduce the issue.

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

I've added a small video where it showcases the problem. To replicate this you just have to drive around and you will see them randomly triggering. Sensors are setup in a way that if you leave the sensor area then it turns off player detection and turns it back on in about 4 seconds. To easily see the problem I added 2 more sensors that you can use for reference purposes (they are attached to the front).

Video: https://youtu.be/yJDIysIpoyk

photo

Hello, Jack!

Thank you so much for the save and video! :) I have successfully reproduced the issue and reported it internally.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo
photo

Hello, Jack!

Thank you so much for the save and video! :) I have successfully reproduced the issue and reported it internally.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

I was really hoping this might get fixed in Most Wanted :(

photo

It's quite disappointing tbh, especially when it takes 44 days and still no fix in sight.

photo
photo

IS THIS THING EVER GOING TO BE FIXED!?!?

I stopped playing because of this.

photo

Nah, I don't think they think it's a bug. I think it was a deliberate change.

photo

It's 100% a bug, if you scroll up a bit then you can see how this has evolved further. Sensors are detecting player when no players exist there. Use this video to see what I mean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJDIysIpoyk

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file