This object is in archive! 

Custom Turret Control - multiplayer issues

Mata52 shared this bug 2 years ago
Solved

Custom Turret Control block seems to malfunction a bit in a multiplayer environment. Basically, it does not display the indicator lead correctly (or sometimes does not display it at all) on other people's worlds. It works fine only for the host. I tested it on some random open server using torch, on my friend's private world and on my own world. No mods included. The only case when the lead indicator worked properly was when I was on my own world. But then it did not work correctly for my friend. Usually the target lead circle just stays inside the bigger circle of the sole target, no matter what happens. We tried doing everything within the game in an attempt to affect it - to no avail.

Additionally, when a guest of some online server is a passenger (not using the main cockpit) and tries to lock on some target by personally using a custom turret controller usually the indicator does not display at all (at least that's what happened in our case). Unless he is the host.

Summing up, the CTC block could use some attention in regard to multiplayer performance.

Replies (4)

photo

I'm having some ctc issues in multiplayer as well, aiming with the turrets is jittery for non-host players, but when I go to single player it works smoothly.

photo

I have witnessed other issues with the custom turret controller in multiplayer. In my case the lock on system causes the custom turret AI to spasm between a target's subsystems, if it copies the target to the controllers at all. Although not the same bug, I would love to see a hotfix for these things as its very annoying to have builds not work when moving to multiplayer.

photo

Hello,

Thank you for reporting this issue. We were able to reproduce it and It will be forwarded to our dev team for investigation.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineers,

I'm happy to announce that this issue is already fixed in the new version 202.

I will close this thread now as solved.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!