This object is in archive! 

Crashes on main menu as of today

DDario shared this bug 2 years ago
Won't Fix

As title says, SE now crashes on the main menu every single time. It gets to the main menu, 4-5 seconds later Space Engineers has stopped working. Here is what I've tried:

Verified file integrity.

Reinstalled Nvidia gpu drivers.

Reinstalled the entire game.

Deleted all video files the menu plays.

Added -skipintro to launch options.

Clicked continue as fast as I could to escape main menu into a game.

Deleted ShaderCaches, spaceengineers.cfg, promo folder, etc

Reinstalled VR Redist / .net frameworks, etc

All of these still result in a crash. Need a hand here please, cannot play the game now whatsoever. It worked fine before the 10th.

Replies (1)

photo

Hello, DDario!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. Unfortunately, as mentioned in the Steam Space Engineers Store page, Windows 10 is the minimum requirement to run Space Engineers. I would suggest trying the below to see if any of these assist but appreciate many you have tried. I really apologise for this but ultimately Windows 10 is required.

• Verify your game files in Steam
  • Right click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Local Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files

/bfSnH0rGoN-NgctSWBJN3LfvWZvgnfye9BrPgucxV0n8TDpNc-7yZYwSifdRXyl1quu20KGUNmHzSf6VGRbhWS4a_EYn2MclxJSOz6eVarmz-fhTWVaofVOAVZN_l_leF9dgQ5GF=s0

• Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file
  • It means your game configuration will be deleted
  • You can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.
  • Delete ShaderCache folder
  • Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Update graphic drivers
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file