This object is in archive! 

Phantom Forces Hurl Large Grid Ships With Docked Small Ships

Dominique Archambault shared this bug 2 years ago
Won't Fix

Phantom forces will sometimes hurl large grid ships at very high speeds in a seemingly random direction. While I cannot be certain that this behaviour will not happen otherwise, from my tests, at the least it occurs much more often when the following conditions are met:

• The large grid is not static,
  • There is a small grid connected to the large ship,
  • The thrusters of the large ship are on,
  • Inertial dampeners are active,
  • Game mode is online. This behaviour occurs even if server is local and not dedicated.

Exiting a seat after watching a camera seems to trigger this behaviour more consistently.

Replies (6)

photo

Played some more. I kept playing offline. The issue took a long while to return, but it eventually did. Maybe it does not happen everywhere? In any case, when it started happening again, it was happening regardless whether I was sitting, on a camera or otherwise. The other conditions mentioned in the original post remained true. One last thing: it only seems to happen when the ship is meant to be stationary.

photo

Hello, Dominique!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue.

Can you please supply a copy of an un-modded world where you are experiencing this issue with reliable steps to reproduce this?

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

I have found a situation where this happened to me. I eventually found out the chain of events.

First, I had a small grid miner that was equipped with ejectors for ejecting stone, with a filter to move the stone into the ejectors. These ejected downwards. On the bottom of the miner was a connector.

I adjusted the filters to also eject gravel, so that I could take gravel out into space and eject it. leaving it this way, I docked it in the interior hangar bay of one of my ships, as depicted in the attached image.

The ship was docked to my station, where a refinery had been producing gravel. Unknown to me, the filter on the small grid miner started to move gravel into the ejectors, where they started to eject, trapped between the bottom of the miner and the floor of the hangar.

When I un-docked the large ship from the base, huge phantom forces propelled and rotated my ship. I eventually determined these forces to be caused by the trapped gravel items between the two docked grids, inside the hangar.

Perhaps Dominique's problem is a similar one? Trapped items (components, ingots or ore) can cause phantom forces when ejected into a place where there is no space for them.

photo

I have tried numerous times to reproduce the error, but a recent patch seems to have solved the issue. It might have been related to something else.

In my case the connector was not ejecting anything, so I don't know what it was.

photo

Hello, Engineers!

It´s already quite long time from when this issue was originally posted as well as from the last comment.

Are you still experiencing it? Or was it fixed in the meantime.

Thanks in advance for confirming me current situation.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!