This object is in archive! 

Terrain failing to load properly

Andrew Van Volkenburgh shared this bug 2 years ago
Solved

Hello,

So for the past few months (thought the issue might resolve itself through updates or when I get rid of my mods, it didn't.) I've been having this issue in which terrain when visited, either once or revisited will appear differently than from the hitbox it really has, aka players/ships standing inside terrain or above it. When you attempt to mine it, it makes contact and makes the noises however nothing will happen- the terrain is invisible when you crash into a mountain that appears lower than it really is and hit the invisible hitbox the ships take no damage at all and simply bounce off. However after maybe.... 10 mins or 15 mins the terrain adjusts, making a weird ghost-like shift into its proper state and now it can be mined which gives me the impression it's a loading error, however, this is odd as SE has worked perfectly fine a while back and my computer is a rather decent computer.

This issue occurs no matter what, I have reinstalled (not just hit uninstall on steam, but a complete wipe of all save files, game files, and everything attached to SE) I have tried it with and without mods to no avail. I have also tried different graphic settings, restarting my computer, making sure SE is the only program open, as well as different world settings.

If more info is required please message me-

Thanks for your time, and good job with the DLC guys- love the new fancy weapons it is really fun to mess around with!

Replies (3)

photo

Hello, Andrew!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. We would be specifically looking at you testing this without any mods involved. I would firstly ask for a copy of your log file if possible.

You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

I would then suggest trying the below (that you have not tried) in the meantime:

• Verify your game files in Steam
  • Right click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Local Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files

/bfSnH0rGoN-NgctSWBJN3LfvWZvgnfye9BrPgucxV0n8TDpNc-7yZYwSifdRXyl1quu20KGUNmHzSf6VGRbhWS4a_EYn2MclxJSOz6eVarmz-fhTWVaofVOAVZN_l_leF9dgQ5GF

• Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file
  • It means your game configuration will be deleted
  • You can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.
  • Delete ShaderCache folder
  • Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Update graphic drivers
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hello Laura,

I had actually forgotten about this post it's been a while, the issue magically fixed itself after a couple of days of posting this I have no idea what the issue was because I tried all your above fixes before you mentioned them and they didn't work but one day I booted up the game and it was like magic. Welp, as are the ways of coding I guess haha.

Thanks for your time.

photo

Hello, Andrew!

Thank you for letting us know, that's great to hear :)

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file