This object is in archive! 

Game not allowing me to spawn on a peer to peer multiplayer match

Zachary Brown shared this bug 2 years ago
Won't Fix

Whenever I attempt to join my friend the game spawns me inside the center of one of the planets and I am unable to move, force respawn, or otherwise do anything. We have tried him connecting to me but it simply disconnects him before he can join.

Both of our upload and download speeds surpass 5MB/s so connection isn't likely an issue, however I live in Canada and he lives in America. I am using an NVidia 3090 and otherwise powerful parts so my processing power also shouldn't be holding it back

Attached is a .log file where I reinstalled the game, attempted to connect with confirmation that there were no workshop mods, and the settings were default for a peer to peer connection. It produced the exact same issue as prior.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Zachary!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue.

I'm unsure if this is possible in your instance however if your character body is available in-game, could you try getting your friend to delete this?

I would suggest doing the following:

• Verify your game files in Steam
  • Right click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Local Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files

/bfSnH0rGoN-NgctSWBJN3LfvWZvgnfye9BrPgucxV0n8TDpNc-7yZYwSifdRXyl1quu20KGUNmHzSf6VGRbhWS4a_EYn2MclxJSOz6eVarmz-fhTWVaofVOAVZN_l_leF9dgQ5GF

• Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file
  • It means your game configuration will be deleted
  • You can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.
  • Delete ShaderCache folder
  • Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Update graphic drivers
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

I would also suggest double-checking both your firewall and anti-virus as there sounds like an issue also with your friend joining you too.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Departement

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file