This object is in archive! 

Failed to Save: UnauthorizedAccessException

Ben Amos shared this bug 2 years ago
Won't Fix

Tech Support told me to file this as a bug, so here we are. :)

I have been playing a long-running "Learning to Survive" game over the course of many days. After landing my custom ship on the Pirate planet, I started work on creating my first land vehicle to truly explore the planet's surface. That's when things started to get weird.

The first issue is that my first two vehicles seemingly vanished mid-construction. I ran off to mine more resources, leaving my half-finished land vehicle near my ship. The land vehicle was out of sight each time. And each time that I returned, my partially built land vehicle was just GONE. It hadn't rolled down the hill in a strong breeze. I jetpacked way up into the air and looked for it. It just vanished. This happened twice.

The third time I built my land vehicle, I constructed the entire thing start-to-finish in one go in hopes that this one would not disappear. It didn't, and now I have something I can drive around ... but shortly after completing this vehicle, I began to get periodic warnings that my game was unable to save. (See attached screenshot.) Yesterday's errors were of the "path component is missing" variety, but after reinstalling Space Engineers today's errors seem to be of the "access is denied" variety.

Things that I have tried to remedy the issue:

- Deleted SharedCache2 folder

- Deleted SpaceEngineers.cfg

- Verify game files integrity in Steam

- Back up and delete Space Engineers Roaming files

- Restart Steam

- Uninstall and reinstall Space Engineers (this changed the nature of the error from "path component is missing" to "access denied")

I am able to load and save other worlds without issue.

Log files and an archive of the failing save folder are attached. Please help me fix this world so I can save successfully again!

Thanks,

~ Flash

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Ben!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. I have just tried to load the save and it loaded without issue. You say this is the only save you cannot load? You have tried the majority of things I would suggest first. Do you have the ability to try this on a different drive? (I appreciate you may not) I would suggest that although you have backed up and deleted the Roaming files, try a full uninstall, delete any remaining files in the directory, and a full reinstall. Just in case anything was left over. It seems strange that you're only having issues with the one save file. Also, make sure your PC is fully up to date.

Please let me know how you get on

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hello,

Since there are no new comments in this topic and we are still not able to reproduce it,

we are closing this thread as outdated. In case anyone is encountering the same or similar bug, which is not already posted in a different thread, please feel free to create a new thread with all relevant information.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file