This object is in archive! 

help with potential bug when ship printing

Russell Clark shared this bug 2 years ago
Won't Fix

Hello, I have been playing on my multiplayer server recently and i have decided to build a ship printer. I followed a totorial online and had a projector and a rotating advanced rotor spining on the end of a piston with 3 large grid welders. the projection was small grid and the 1st part of the projection was ready to weld as it was less ghost like. the welders went on and nothing happened. i decided to move my "printer" to space and use my admin rights to work out what was wrong - still nothing after hours of fiddling. I loaded up the BP of my creation in creative mode and it worked fine. i thought there maybe an issue with the server but a fellow engineer's printer did workbut i could not see what i had done different but at lease i knew it was not the server.

So i took a copy of the base of my frineds printer and did a copy in space to test and compair the differances - for some reason his copy did not work for me even thou i had seen it working minuets before. By accdent - back at my origional creation i removed 2 of the welders and using 1 it started to work for a time then stopped. The issue seems to be the welders wont weld the valid projection part - i know this because if i get close and start to weld with my hand welder then the large grid welders will finish off the creation but will not move onto the next connected part

I had all the componants for the build plenty of power and everything was switced on.

any ideas what this may be - or is it a known bug as it only seems to be happening for my account, do you think it maybe PCU limits somehow ? as when i try to buy a ship now it sayd limit reached even thou i have recently set the server to have no pcu limits + as an admin i have set limitless pcu limit anyhow but in ship prining this may still cause this issue.

Thanks

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Russell!

Sorry to hear you experienced this issue. Unfortunately, without a save file and/or blueprint we are unable to help with this. Are you able to provide a save file from the server?

Are you running any mods at all? It could also be an interference with mods. Unfortunately, we do not provide support for this.

If you think it is more an issue of something that you do not understand or, cannot get to work, it may be an idea to chat to other players in our Discord who could give you pointers on our official Discord here: https://discord.gg/keenswh :)

If you believe it to be a bug, please provide the save file (with no mods) and reliable steps to reproduce the issue.

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hello,

Since there are no new comments in this topic and we are still not able to reproduce it,

we are closing this thread as outdated. In case anyone is encountering the same or similar bug, which is not already posted in a different thread, please feel free to create a new thread with all relevant information.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file