This object is in archive! 

Intermittent target lock on Keen NA#2 Server

Engi shared this bug 2 years ago
Won't Fix

Right clicking when an enemy, friendly or neutral target is close to center screen sometimes activates target lock and but does not. The locking sound typically starts but the the visual lock count down animation mostly does not occur and then no lead computing occurs so you have to manually lead the target. Right clicking again, turns off the locking sound and then trying to lock again has no affect. The sound starts but no animation and no lock. I have tried at long range, medium range and very close range. No affect. Of all the times I have attempted a lock, it has only locked twice on two different occasions.

I have no problem locking onto targets in my creative SP world.

Replies (5)

photo

It seems like this was improved after the last hotfix, but it still is inconsistent. Before the update, more times than not, it would not lock. After update, more times than not it does lock, but still sometimes does not. Makes the locking sound, but no circling animation on the target circle and never locks and never stops making the sound until you right click again.

photo

Hello, Engi!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. Can I ask if this is only happening on this specific server? Do you experience it on other non-official servers? Does it happen in a situation where there is lag or anything obvious that could cause this to happen? Have you been on the server some time or does it happen straight away?

Could I please ask for a video example as I have not been able to reproduce the issue.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

I really only play on NA#2 right now.

photo

Hello, Engineer!

It´s already quite long time from when this issue was originally posted as well as from the last comment.

Are you still experiencing it? Or was it fixed in the meantime.

Thanks in advance for confirming me current situation.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!