This object is in archive! 

[1.200] Entity List Incorrectly DIsplaying Subgrids

Slushtrap Gamer shared this bug 2 years ago
Solved

Grids that have subgrids on them are improperly displayed in the entity list; the pictures show the view from entity list showing only half of the actual block count of the stations actual block count.

Replies (6)

photo

Hello, Slushtrap Gamer!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. I appreciate this is an older thread but have been taking a look at it. I have tried to reproduce this on both an empty world and also in Earth planet. I have been trying with various blueprints and adding subgrids to these and also the Earth planet original grid with an added subgrid. Everything I have tried so far has had identical blocks. Could you please provide a world where you have an example of this happening?

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

While not entirely conclusive or matching; the closest i could find was to attach subgrids with connectors, which did cause incorrect displays; see attached pictures.

photo

It seems that the bug is triggered by having multiple subgrids attached to a grid where all connected grids are static; in this setup only the initial grid will be displayed in the entity list, with the rest not even added to the block or PCU count, or even displayed for that matter.

photo

Hello, Engineer!

It´s already quite long time from when this issue was originally posted as well as from the last comment.

Are you still experiencing it? Or was it fixed in the meantime.

Thanks in advance for confirming me current situation.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

It appears fixed. Tried the previous methods but it displays the grid size correctly each time.

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thank you for writing us back.

Since this issue has been fixed and there is no further assistance needed from our side, We are closing this thread now.

Happy Engineering!

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!