This object is in archive! 

Custom Turret Control AI not working (randomly) when no weapon exists on same grid as the controller

Constantine Carlos shared this bug 2 years ago
Won't Fix

when using a custom turret control block's AI function, the AI will sometimes not work if there is no other weapon on the same grid as the custom turret control block.

vid:

https://streamable.com/kmct5m

in the video, the vehicle only has a weapon on the turret's elevation. the turret AI doesn't work until i added a weapon on the hull (where the control block is)

do note that it does this randomly; i have not found a way to reproduce it 100% of the time

for example, i could be driving around in an SPRT controlled vehicle, and an AI enabled custom turret isn't attacking me. but if i reload, the turret instantly attacks me after it loads.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Constatine Carlos!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. I have been having a look into this and have not been able to reproduce the issue. I appreciate you have said this is happening randomly and you haven't found a way to reproduce it 100% of the time. Am I right in saying that you are using mods in your game? If so, can you please remove these and see if you can reproduce the issue without them involved? These can cause a wide array of issues. If it is happening without mods, please provide reliable steps for reproduction if you are able to find them. Without this, we are unable to report the issue to be fixed :)

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file