This object is in archive! 

Joining any server puts me in spectator mode

YOUCEF HAMDANI shared this bug 2 years ago
Won't Fix

Hello,

I have this problem, when I join any server I got spectating camera and I cant do anything, I tried pressing every button (even Alt+F4), and I verified the game files, nothing is working.

Kienata tried to help me, but we didn't fix it.

when I join I get nothing no Hud.

lJTz4NA

I can only open the warning menu, player list, Blueprint, and when I press Backspace to respawn nothing happened, also when I press F6 nothing happened.

sFhtCs9

iev5Lkg

zBFYpe7

also I want to mention that my internet speed is a bit slow 1.2 MB/s Download and 110 KB/s upload.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Youcef!

Sorry to hear you've been experiencing this issue.

You say that this happens in every server. Is this across a friend's dedicated server and official or only limited to one of these? I have been taking a look at older reports and unfortunately, most are stuck in one specific server rather than multiple. I would suggest the following and see if once you have completed these, you are able to join.

• Verify your game files in Steam

• Right click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Local Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files

/bfSnH0rGoN-NgctSWBJN3LfvWZvgnfye9BrPgucxV0n8TDpNc-7yZYwSifdRXyl1quu20KGUNmHzSf6VGRbhWS4a_EYn2MclxJSOz6eVarmz-fhTWVaofVOAVZN_l_leF9dgQ5GF

• Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file

• It means your game configuration will be deleted
  • You can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

• Delete ShaderCache folder

• Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Update graphic drivers
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

Please let me know how you get on :)

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hello,

Since there are no new comments in this topic and we are still not able to reproduce it,

we are closing this thread as outdated. In case anyone is encountering the same or similar bug, which is not already posted in a different thread, please feel free to create a new thread with all relevant information.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file