This object is in archive! 

Crash to desktop or hard reboot on joining server

Jarren Butterworth shared this bug 2 years ago
Won't Fix

I started a multiplayer server hosted by g-portal and all seemed to be going well. Sure, we'd all die every time we logged out for more than 20-30 min even though we were on a nice safe planet, but we could always at least log back in. I managed to get into space and logged out in what I thought was a safe pressurized room. When I logged back in about 30 min later I was dead, respawned back on the earth-like planet. Frustrated and confused why I died I used admin tools to teleport myself to my asteroid base, which put me inside the asteroid. I was able to enter spectator mode, fly inside the structure, and use ctrl+space to teleport my body inside. This worked, it showed air and heat and was comfortable still in there so no idea why I died. To test it out further I logged out.

Now every time I try to enter the server I crash. I get up to the server message of the day but never past it. I'll crash to desktop, hard reboot my entire system, and sometimes I'll get a message about my graphics card being hot.

I read about this issue, apparently it's quite common and has been hitting people for a long time. I did everything they said, deleted my shader cache and some other things but no luck, the problem continues.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thank you for reporting the issue. Unfortunately we weren't able to reproduce it.

Can you please upload log files from client and server to this thread as well as world which is causing this crash?

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!