This object is in archive! 

Turret Ai not working (possible reasons too)

Flowerlord2 shared this bug 2 years ago
Won't Fix

So, there is a thing, where if you put several new turrets with the new ai function on one grid, they freak out, and there are two reasons I have found. First, they all choose one rotor, and in return, all control, that rotor, causing a constant battle. Second, the settings for the turret ai constantly get reset to one of the other turret ais. Where one was using a camera called left camera, suddenly swapped to the right, which made no sense. The bug kept reseting to other turrets ai settings, preventing both turrets from functioning. Both of these two bugs have been constantly ruining putting turrets on grids because they just reset, forcing players to just keep the grids separated.

Please fix this, the turrets were so much fun until this bug ruined it. Also, good luck.

Replies (3)

photo

Hello, Flowerlord2!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. Can you please supply an un-modded save file with reliable reproduction steps to allow us to reproduce the issue?

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

I won't be able to access the saves, because um, my last computer kinda broke one day, and I still need to fix up my new computers files. There is an easy way to recreate, just add a custom turret on a ship, and keep adding more and more, each with different settings of choice, like different rotors. For example, custom turret controller 1 has rotor 1 and hinge 1, custom turret controller 2 has rotor 2 and hinge 2, and so on. Keep flying around, and repaste the grid, look back at the settings, and you'll notice the custom turret controller 2 has rotor 1 and hinge 1 as a saved setting. Unless there was a recent patch, then there will most likely still work. Or you could look on youtube, because there is a high probability this bug exists, and a more in depth talk is there.

I know this bug exists, as I am not the only one experiencing this, there are scripts currently on the workshop, used for fixing the bug with having multiple turrets, should be one of the most popular turret scripts, and in the description, they point this error out.

photo

Hello, Engineer!

It´s already quite long time from when this issue was originally posted as well as from the last comment.

Are you still experiencing it? Or was it fixed in the meantime.

Thanks in advance for confirming me current situation.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!