This object is in archive! 

[1.200] Turrets Fail To Account For Gravitational Drop

Slushtrap Gamer shared this bug 2 years ago
Solved

With the new update, the projectiles now drop in gravity, however it seems the turrets aiming algorithms cannot compensate for this feature, making it more difficult to fight on planets as the turrets often hit too low unless firing from a high position.

Replies (4)

photo

I agree with that. Here is a more detailed description

Target Lead Indicator does not take into account gravity when shooting at large calibers. Small guns (autocannon and Gatling gun) take it into account. I think this is caused by the fact that the shells of the big guns are technically missiles. Target Lead Indicator does not work correctly for artillery, assault cannon and railguns. All this applies to the block for custom turrets. Mods have been installed to figure out the problem. Video Report

photo

Hello, Engineers!

Thank you very much fore reporting the issue. We were able to reproduce it and forwared to our programmer team.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

This is still a problem. Turrets set to work automatically miss at range. I've tested this with stationary objects and moving ones. This is true for both turret blocks and custom turret controllers. I see it's already awaiting a fix, but hoping it's done soon.

photo

Hello, Engineers!

The fix for this is in v201

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!