This object is in archive! 

Huge exploit with Warfare 2 railgun

Molten Carnage shared this bug 2 years ago
Won't Fix

I don't know how this was missed but there is an insanely overpowered exploit that allows the multiple stacking of railguns inside of railguns that makes an instant ship killer weapon. Seen in this video. https://youtu.be/feXkoYtEH7Y

Replies (4)

photo

Congratulations on discovering what supergridding is. It must be enabled in the world settings and only works in creative because (AFAIK) you can't 'conveyor' them up, or access their inventory manually, to actually load the thing with ammo. The "stacking" is only the visual effect of the changed block size while the 3D model stays the same.

7b70bd3da8cddd2644051522e0986175

Now, if you're saying this is possible without that setting being active, and in survival, that's another story, but until then, enjoy the officially sanctioned, switchable exploit.

Read https://discord.com/channels/125011928711036928/136097351134740480/939234811837579298 and onwards for more info on supergridding.

photo

Slight of attitude aside, I am quite aware of supergridding. But just to be sure, you are saying that creating said ship (or subgrid) with multiple railguns stacking in the same spot in creative, and then blue printing said ship will not be printable, pipable, or at the very least will not be loadable in survival. And this is taking into account the use of hinges, advanced rotors, and connectors to facilitate unorthodox loading of the weapon?

photo

That's not for me to counter-prove. You're the one making the claim of this being an implicitly or explicitly unwanted exploit, as in, one encounterable against choice. I'm just the one applying Hitchens' Razor to your claim.

By all means, test and bring forth your evidence, especially should you find a way to make it work in survival and with supergridding disabled. Because until you do, there's not really anything to go by in the way of how to reproduce this, anyway. Even if it was possible.

photo
photo

Yeah, from the video the LG railgun has been supergridded to an SG ship, and later, multiple LG railguns supergridded to an SG pillar attached via a rotor.

I would say, if anything, you have identified a problem with the bounding box of the LG railgun, as even with supergridding, you should not be able to arrange a block so that it overlaps with other blocks.

photo

Not even that. Once converted to small grid, you can place them in the same small-grid raster that they now have themselves. It's simply how close you can place a 1×2×8 block on small grids. The graphical model of that block (and effectively almost everything else) is technically independent of that. Aside from placement, it still looks and behaves as its un-scaled original. But again, it's known as supergridding and more or less officially sanctioned with that switch, so, there's not really a point in making waves about it. At least not those kind of waves.

Unless, again, if you manage to get it working without that switch permitting it and also in survival.

photo
photo

Hello, Engineers!

Thanks for letting us know.

But it seems that andersenman is right on this one.

Unless you can provide a working blueprint, that would exploit survival gameplay, than I think this behavior is "correct" (as correct it can be with supergridding enabled).

Molten Carnage, can you please try to provide said blueprint so I can see it is actually working, thus exploited, in survival as well? Or whole save file would be even better! I´m not able to do that on my end. Maybe you have some way or steps on how to do that.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineers!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file