This object is in archive! 

Can't move or interact with menus, but the game isn't frozen.

Daniel Lewis shared this bug 2 years ago
Won't Fix

I keep getting a random bug (it happens both in game and in the main menu) where I'll stop moving and be unable to interact with anything, but the game isn't frozen. If it happens in the main menu, the background video and music keep playing, I just can't click any buttons or exit anything. If it happens in game my character will just stop what they're doing and I'll be unable to move, change items, or open any menus, but the time of day will keep progressing and any ships or objects nearby that are moving will keep moving. It will last for a few minutes before I'm able to do anything.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Daniel!

Sorry to hear you've experienced this issue. Please can you supply a log file from when this happens?

You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

I would suggest trying the following to start with:

• Verify your game files in Steam
  • Right click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Local Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files

/bfSnH0rGoN-NgctSWBJN3LfvWZvgnfye9BrPgucxV0n8TDpNc-7yZYwSifdRXyl1quu20KGUNmHzSf6VGRbhWS4a_EYn2MclxJSOz6eVarmz-fhTWVaofVOAVZN_l_leF9dgQ5GF

• Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file
  • It means your game configuration will be deleted
  • You can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.
  • Delete ShaderCache folder
  • Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Update graphic drivers
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file