This object is in archive! 

Dedicated Server: Searchlight not working following character

drakray shared this bug 2 years ago
Solved

As title says, on Dedicated Server, setting the searchlight to Characters, Friendly, do not track the players.

When trying in a Single Player world it work correctly.

Also, Idle Movement is still not working on Dedicated Server, even just as a client-side animation

Replies (12)

photo

Same. I didn't try to make a fresh world but it's not working on my existing world. I'm running no mods.

photo

Having the same issue

photo

I also have a problem with the tracking. Not in a dedicated server but multiplayer in general. But I've found out, that they track me when they're on a ship, but not on any stationary grid. I don't think that's intended.

photo

Hello, Engineers!

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. I have just tried this on a dedicated server with these settings (in the video) and it seems to be working for me. Could someone provide a save file where they are experiencing the issue?

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Here is the world I made to test the tracking, I also joined the SpaceEngineers-Dedicated.cfg file (it is set with a Group, you might want to change that)

I also joined some screenshot of config and Searchlight no looking at me

photo

Hi Laura,

I have encountered this same issue on my freshyl setup Dedicated server, hosted by Nitrado.

As I was running a heavily modded world, I quickly had my server generate a new, unmodded, world with mostly default settings, I only changed the gamemode to creative and enabled the jetpack which is disabled in nitrado worlds by default.

A quick video demosntrating my Tests:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lMVqzXIqc4

As promised in the video I have attached the world right here.

I really hope this can be resolved quickly. I suspect it may be something on Nitrados side, unfortunately I did not have the time to test this on a locally hosted dedicated server.

I am on the Keen Community discord under the same username, feel free to ping me there if you need further information.

photo
photo

Hello, Engineers!

Thank you for the saves. I can absolutely reproduce the issue with your saves but when I blueprint them and put them into a new server, the issue is not present. It seems like it is only an issue in your particular saves and not fresh from my side. Are the servers all created via Nitrado or is this not something in common? I need to be able to reproduce the issue myself and so far each dedicated scenario I create, the searchlight follows my character as shown in my previous video.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hi Laura,

Could you share one of your saves? I would like to test your world on my server to see if the searchlights track there.

If they do I will run a quick comparison between the settings for both worlds to try and spot any differences.

If you could also share the dedicated server config that would be great!

photo

My save is created on my local computer.

I checked the integrity of files when I first encountered the bug, before making this save.

Could it be a trouble of "built vs spawned"?, I know some mods have trouble with that, where block placed in full creative behave differently than block built.

photo

It's not exclusive to Nitrado as I am using HostHavoc for my server and am encountering the same issues

photo
photo

Hello, Engineers!

Thank you so much for your input and help! drakray, you made me think when you mentioned built vs spawned. What I found was that the Searchlight will follow you without issue if you are playing in 'Empty world' creative mode. If you try it in anything else for example 'Earth Planet' in either creative or survival, it will not follow you. You've all been great on this one :) I have successfully reproduced the issue and reported it internally.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hi Laura,

Glad to hear that!

I hope a fix can be found soon!

photo

It is not just friendlies on Keen servers, it does not track anyone. Also the turrets don't either, well sometimes they do and sometimes they don't and sometimes it takes them a minute to start tracking and firing. Sometimes pressing shoot once or toggling shoot on/off wakes some of them up and they start tracking and firing, but not all of them.

photo
photo

Hello, Engineers!

I'm happy to announce that this issue will be fixed with new game version 201.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

5 months and it's still not working on dedicated servers.

photo
photo

I am still seeing this issue on an existing world.

It partially worked. A small grid vehicle, with two search lights, one would track me, the other would not. Static Large Grid, multiple search lights in various placements, none would track me.

photo

Can confirm also in v.1.201. Existing world on DS. Tested with static and dynamic LG. Searchlights wont track character or SG dynamic grid. Tried turning on/off, grinding down/welding up, changing settings but no luck.

photo

Same issue still persists. Updates are installed. Survival World created locally.

photo

Thanks

photo

Marked as solved and archived but bug is still present?

Leave a Comment

Attach a file