This object is in archive! 

Armour Block Skins not loading

Dianesuus shared this bug 2 years ago
Won't Fix

hi after the new update the armour skins aren't loading in fully. it is appearing as a blur with the rough colour scheme of the selected armour and colour for all armour blocks. I have managed to make it appear on some functional blocks like connectors and cargo with some graphical settings but none are showing on actual armour blocks.

i have tried different skins, cleaning up my save game, removing all mods, trying a new world, clearing game cache and shader cache, verifying game files and uninstalling and reinstalling the game. The only thing that has fixed the issue is playing on the Industries Beta version which immediately resolved the issue but as soon as I reverted the game to the main/current version the issue has persisted

I've also attached a video showing the behavior. Please help I want to blow things up with rail guns!!

Replies (3)

photo

Hello, Dianesuus!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. I have just tried it and have not had any issues. Could you please remove all mods and try this again and provide a log of it happening? I know you said you tried it without mods but I would like to see a log of it :)

I appreciate you have tried a lot of what we would first suggest. I would also try the following:

• Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Update graphic drivers
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

I'll retry the other things listed later today/tomorrow its 4am for me right now. What is a good support time? (with timezone please)

photo

I can confirm I have the same issue. The regular (default) and clean armor skins seem to be the only ones unaffected for me. Having mods on or not doesn't seem to make any difference. Same goes for graphics settings. I haven't noticed this problem for small grids, and so it might simply just be a large grid issue.

From my testing it becomes unblurry if you bring out any block that would be using that armor skin, but just that armor skin. It also seems to occur faster if you are actively painting than if you stopped and watched. Though regardless it always seems to occur within a few minutes.

Here's the video link to some of my testing. I had to put it on YouTube since it's larger than 40 mb.

photo

Okay after playing the game for longer, I've noticed that small grid and certain large grid blocks are unaffected such as ramps, refineries, assemblers, cargo conveyors, cargo containers, etc. Also keeping ahold of a block with the given skin will prevent any blocks with that skin from dropping in quality. Some blocks seem to only have the issue depending upon what skin you've applied. For example, the regular, full light armor block will not experience this if it is default or clean armor skins. However, applying the clean armor skin to a light armor inv. corner will cause this issue, but only to that block, the regular light armor block is still unaffected. The default skin is the only skin that I've seen on large grid to have no issues.

In addition to this, I've also noticed that putting a block into my hand that has clean armor will break any light armor blocks with concrete on it. They will remain broken until I empty my hand at which point the light armor blocks with concrete will be able to fix themselves. The ramp blocks with the concrete skin remain unaffected the entire time though. Doing this will also fix the clean armor texture on the light armor inv. corner, but only for a few seconds.

While writing this, I've noticed yet another little quirk with this bug. Which can allow fixing the issue for the light armor inv. corner with clean armor, or it doesn't depending on where the new light armor inv. corner is placed. Placing the light armor inv. corner on it's own grid will also fix it as well. I've included a video to demonstrate this as well as the rest of the things I brought up in this comment. Again this video is on YouTube, since the size is too large to post here.

Also I noticed while recording the video that switching to tools or weapons can cause the texture on the concrete to degrade, and if you do it enough cause it to go to the lowest quality.

photo

so is this something that is planning to be addressed? This issue also affects the new corrugated armour skin. If it isn't going to be addressed can i get some money back for all the DLC skins I cant use in the current version of Space Engineers.

photo

Hello, Dianesuus!

Sorry to hear you're still experiencing this issue. Can you please confirm what ones you're having issues with?

We are already aware of this issue as per the report here https://support.keenswh.com/spaceengineers/xbox/topic/24618-xbox-one-new-most-wanted-skins-unavailable please keep an eye on this for further updates.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!